250cc bike IN a CRX HF? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-30-2007, 10:03 PM   #1
Registered Member

250cc bike IN a CRX HF?

Is it possible? I just bought a CRX HF today and I can't find a ride to go pick it up. I've got a 250cc 99 Honda Rebel, 300 miles between me and the CRX, and a passion for the insane Has anyone ever put a bike in this things hatch? Will the temp. license sticker be visible with the hatch open. will I end up with a Rebel being run over by an unsuspecting innocent trucker whilst groovin along I-70? Inquiring stylees want to know.

P.S. Oddly enough I do believe I'm becoming a complete Honda fanboy...two bikes, a CRX, and who knows maybe some Honda under-roo's will be next....ya gotta love them booties.

SteadFastStylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:34 PM   #2

take the passenger seat out and fit the bike in without the front forks. It might fit

Might get lucky and you can get it in with just the front wheel taken off and the handle bars loosened up and folded down. Chances are though you would have to take the back seat out as well just to get it in without the front fork on the bike.

I got a bike in the back seat of an 80 camaro like that once, also had to take the back wheel off though

CoyoteX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:45 PM   #3
Registered Member

I wouldn't call the bike light, but it is manageable at 300 lbs. dry(http://www.surfmaine.com/rebel/manua...apacities.html)....I would plan my route/gas fill up so she's as dry as possible, bring along a tarp to place under the bike, and also a plastic pan for directly under the engine....last but not least I'd give her a 1/2 hour before I chucked her in the back, cause I don't wanna melt carpet, tarp, car, or definitely my precious hands

The big question is if she'll squeeze into the hatch area.....gas\oil\dirt I can deal with and pure man power I can provide(describing my ability to lift one of the smallest bikes on the road as "man power" makes me feel fuzzy inside, so leave it be lol).
Old 10-30-2007, 10:50 PM   #4
Registered Member

Great Ideas CoyoteX! It takes all of 30 seconds to remove the front wheel, and just a couple minutes to take off the back one! I think I can do this and perhaps even come close to closing the hatch with your ideas.....I dunno why I didn't think of that in the first place thanks!

P.S. I'll bring my camera along so everyone can see the frankenstein monster which is one gas saver within another(get your minds out of the gutter!)
Old 10-30-2007, 11:15 PM   #5
Driving on E

Why not have someone ride with you on the rebel and then have them drive the CRX home?
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:20 PM   #6
DRW
Registered Member

What if you take the front wheel off, lift the front of the bike into the hatch with the back wheel rolling behind on the ground? You'd have to strap the bike down so it didn't fall over, of course.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:03 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteadFastStylee View Post
The big question is if she'll squeeze into the hatch area...
Sure, bring a couple empty jugs to drain the fluids into and a couple straps and your tarp, fold down the back seat and the passenger seat, and jam her in there as far as it will go rear wheel first. Drive with the hatch (and windows) partly open.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:33 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion View Post
Why not have someone ride with you on the rebel and then have them drive the CRX home?
I wish I had someone willing. All my friends either have to work or are busy with kids doing the Halloween thing. One big prob is that The owner will be gone on Friday, and so far I've only been able to set something up Friday or later. The other problem is that it's not exactly warm here and I'm the only person I know that is either crazy enough to take the ride or who has the proper clothing.

I'm still waiting on word from one friend and I've posted a ride request on craigslist...but if I don't hear anything in the next couple hours I'll be gettin my tools ready for taking my bike apart.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:39 AM   #9
*shrug*

Iono if it will fit man...I couldn't get my bicycle in there without taking off both rims, and then you run the risk of messing up your whole interior.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:57 AM   #10
Registered Member

yeah I sat down and weighed the options and I'm taking a bus, then a taxi, then driving back home...then have someone drive me back to the bus station to pick up the motorcycle....it'll cost me quite a bit more, but I won't run the risk of messin' up the car