A note on the site - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2006, 04:57 PM   #1
*shrug*

A note on the site

Mehbe it's just me, but it feels like the site has gotten much more technical as of late, less heard this heard that snake oil this and more, this is how an engine works,

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:42 AM   #2

Pretty soon we'll be H-T,

Pretty soon we'll be H-T, with all the people from there moving over to this site, and we can be all jaded and like, "Yeah, we're early adopters here, check out our post counts and our sign-up dates. We def know more than you do."

Haha, jk, I don't think this site will ever be like that...although 2200 posts...you're approaching ***** status SVO.

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:27 AM   #3
Registered Member

This site is not that

This site is not that technical. It's just right.

Yes, SVO is closing in on the ***** status.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:14 PM   #4
Registered Member

Is this a Call to Action?

So, is this a call to action? I would hate to see this site slip away into the archives of the 'net -- so OK then, we need new ideas. Most people here are from H-T, and the bias is clearly there when you go visit the garage. Maybe Matt can jump in here and clarify, but we need diversity in vehicle models and the people themselves. This comes down to marketing the site in different places. More domestics, more Toyotas and Nissans too. Different cars, different engine operation, different ideas. What to do?

RH77
Old 04-13-2006, 03:17 PM   #5
Registered Member

I've seen a member here with

I've seen a member here with a nissan sentra and that's the only other nissan here.

Old 04-13-2006, 03:32 PM   #6
Driving on E

Re: Is this a Call to Action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
So, is this a call to action? I would hate to see this site slip away into the archives of the 'net -- so OK then, we need new ideas. Most people here are from H-T, and the bias is clearly there when you go visit the garage. Maybe Matt can jump in here and clarify, but we need diversity in vehicle models and the people themselves. This comes down to marketing the site in different places. More domestics, more Toyotas and Nissans too. Different cars, different engine operation, different ideas. What to do?

RH77
I was thinking of taking out some google ads directed towards metros and other groups of car. If I do this it will be next month.

When it comes to MPG there are only a few names in town. Honda has been doing MPG for a long time, so it's no wonder there are so many hondas here.

I would hate for this to be a honda-centric site....

MetroMPG, Jangeo, and XFi, do you have any ideas for getting more metro owners here? What about the Saturn owners?
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:45 PM   #7
FE nut

Quote: What about the Saturn

Quote:
What about the Saturn owners?
I'll try to do some recruiting. The few Saturn groups I'm on don't seem to be real interested in mpg. With gas prices going up, that may be changing. :-)

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:13 PM   #8
Registered Member

I doubt we will get more

I doubt we will get more nissan people here. Nissans are designed for power and gas guzzling. My car is just to blend, it's not designed for anything.

Old 04-13-2006, 05:00 PM   #9
Registered Member

My mom's 92'

My mom's 92' Stanza(pre-altima) was one of my favorite cars. It had good power and not as good mpg (22/28epa).

Older sentras seem like they get good gas milage

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:16 PM   #10
Registered Member

Re: Is this a Call to Action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
MetroMPG, Jangeo, and XFi, do you have any ideas for getting more metro owners here? What about the Saturn owners?
i prefer to cherry pick rather than carpet bomb. helps keep the signal:noise good. hope that doesn't sound elitist, but since it was the caliber of the people & content that got me interested in this site to begin with, i want it to stay that way.

mostly i spread the gospel to people who contact me thru my site. so far 3 or 4 have signed up & are participating.

as a matter of fact, yesterday i had a very interesting email from a visitor to my site who is a GM R&D employee who's very in to MPG (partly thru his job) and gets 50s and 60s in his garden variety '94 metro. i urged him to drop by here & hope he does.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote