A video I made for people into animal rescue - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-04-2009, 12:22 PM   #1
Registered Member

A video I made for people into animal rescue

I've been involved in animal rescue for almost 6 years now. I'm especially attached to stray/feral cats and pitbull/pitbull mixes. The fact that they are labled as the "outcasts" of the pet world makes me more passionate about helping them.

Heres a video of a stray cat I saved from my job site and my adopted pitbull mix from the shelter

People into rescue are use to seeing such negative storys so I figure I should share a good story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yiCuM3yorM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yiCuM3yorM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yiCuM3yorM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1998 Buick Regal GS

1999 Chevrolet C2500

1998 Corvette
Three6Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
Registered Member

John Jr. looks a lot like a cat I adopted who was older. Everybody else was looking at the kittens, but she was so friendly I scooped her up. She was extremely intelligent and had six toes as well, which was neat. Enjoyed being rubbed under her chin, which would cause her to drool (in a cute way, believe it or not).

Main Entry: co de pen dence - see codependency
co de pen den cy
Pronunciation: \kō-di-ˈpen-dən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Date: 1979

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
GasSavers_maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
Registered Member

2 thumbs way up for adopting bud!

Pets are allowed to drool. My dog snores and its cute. When people snore I throw something at them to wake them up

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilian View Post
John Jr. looks a lot like a cat I adopted who was older. Everybody else was looking at the kittens, but she was so friendly I scooped her up. She was extremely intelligent and had six toes as well, which was neat. Enjoyed being rubbed under her chin, which would cause her to drool (in a cute way, believe it or not).

1998 Buick Regal GS

1999 Chevrolet C2500

1998 Corvette
Old 06-05-2009, 04:00 AM   #4
Registered Member

My current cat snores too. Very adorable. She also likes to barf on things. That's less adorable.

co de pen den cy

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
Old 06-05-2009, 04:48 AM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Neither of my cats drools, but I have a friend whose cat drools if you rub under her chin. She's a nice kitty.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:08 AM   #6
Registered Member

A friend of my adopted a kitten (Angus) from a shelter and his favorite place to nap was in a shoe box. Well, Angus grew and grew until...

Still loves that box, though.

co de pen den cy

Old 06-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #7
Registered Member

Thanks for sharing... it's great for people to share their adoption stories. Some of the best animals I've ever lived with have been strays or adoptions.

My cat likes to drool too. There was one time when he woke me up by barfing on my head, but I think i've forgiven him. Probably one of the grossest moments in my life.

I also volunteer for the Feral Cat Coalition of Oregon (www.feralcats.com) It's a Trap/Neuter/Release program that works really well. There are actually real benefits to neutering rather than euthanizing strays.

EDIT: I just realized that this post, combined with my avatar, may have "outed" me as a bona fide cat person. My name is slog, and I am addicted to felines.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #8
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
My name is theholycow, and I'm a cat person too.

Buttons, may she rest in peace:

Smokey:

Darwin:

Chelsea (my parents' cat):

Feral who I'm pretty sure got adopted:
Old 06-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #9
Registered Member

Nice to see that there are a few people on here into rescue. Its not glamorous but these guys need us. Thanks for the pictures and the stories. Stuff like this really make my day

1998 Buick Regal GS

1999 Chevrolet C2500

1998 Corvette
Old 06-06-2009, 10:50 AM   #10
Registered Member

Kill, Hoshi! Kill that bathrobe!

co de pen den cy