An Inconvenient truth - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2006, 12:06 PM   #1
Registered Member

An Inconvenient truth

Went to go see it the other night and found it very interesting. Kind of an eye opener. Recomend you check it out.The sad part was I went at 7:40 pm on Wed and there were 4 other people in the theather.

zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:28 PM   #2
*shrug*

What's it about?

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:34 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
What's it about?
http://www.climatecrisis.net/
Old 06-24-2006, 02:40 PM   #4
*shrug*

Ah, okay, I remember now. I got an email about it since a friend and I screened a movie at our school that was somehow affiliated with this one. I will certainly have to check it the heck out.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:36 PM   #5
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
this is the al gore movie right? if so i want to see it pretty badly
Old 06-25-2006, 09:38 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared
this is the al gore movie right? if so i want to see it pretty badly
Yes it is. It was only at our theater complex for 7 days. I don't know if it will be on DVD's so if it's showing better caught it when you can.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:30 AM   #7

I have never been a fan of democrats or Al gore or the whole green movement as a whole. My interest in mpg was strictly process and effeciency driven. I was a corp manager for GE for about 7 years, and dealt with 6 sigma and methodologies daily.

This movie is fantastic. It is a 100 minutes about global warming and if you think you know, you really don't know. The data is presented well. Al Gore is not in a demeanor or setting you would have ever seen him in. This is very personal to him and it comes through in every minute of the film. I will buy it on DVD the day it comes out and may see it a 2nd time in a theatre. There are even elements of the movie I do not agree with, or the data. That really is secondary.
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:37 AM   #8
*shrug*

Haha, a few weeks ago my gramma said "no one's going to tell me this global warming stuff is made up." I thought it was funny coming from her especially since she grew up in 100+ degree kansas during the dust bowl where you either slept outside or melted to death in the house. I still need to see it though, :'(
Old 08-01-2006, 10:39 AM   #9
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketel0ne
I have never been a fan of democrats or Al gore or the whole green movement as a whole. My interest in mpg was strictly process and effeciency driven. I was a corp manager for GE for about 7 years, and dealt with 6 sigma and methodologies daily.

This movie is fantastic. It is a 100 minutes about global warming and if you think you know, you really don't know. The data is presented well. Al Gore is not in a demeanor or setting you would have ever seen him in. This is very personal to him and it comes through in every minute of the film. I will buy it on DVD the day it comes out and may see it a 2nd time in a theatre. There are even elements of the movie I do not agree with, or the data. That really is secondary.
That's a great endorsement!
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:50 AM   #10

One more thing that is kinda neat. The last trailer to run before the movie starts is: "Who Killed the Electric Car"

ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote