Any firearm enthusiasts? - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2007, 06:35 AM   #31

There will always be people that don't like sharp things or things that go bang. Those folks will find themselves at the mercy of people that would hurt them.

Then, there are people that will take charge of their lives even though it may be uncomfortable at times. I choose to be one of them. I will not die like lamb taken to slaughter if it is within my power.

Whether it is safe to own the objects that allow me that power is entirely up to me. Safety classes and time on targets is my right, and my responsibility.

There are people that shouldn't be gun owners. If you don't like them, don't buy one. It's in everybody's best interest if you don't.

Of course, there are people that shouldn't be in charge of an automobile, or maybe even a shopping cart at Wal-Mart...

*.38 revolver, M14, L1A1, .22 rifle, .22 pistol, .45 1991A1, old shotgun, and a variety of cutting tools.

Mayhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:42 AM   #32
*shrug*

Please don't hurt me captain america! I'm so weak and lamblike. *criesintoapillow*

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:18 AM   #33
Registered Member

The pictures are a little over the top (and could you remove the dirty socks next time lovemysan?!?)

Might as well be brandishing pictures of your wee-wees, if you weren't compensating already that is
Old 11-20-2007, 07:22 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
*criesintoapillow*
Mayhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:56 AM   #35

A buddy of mine from england came in over the summer and had to drag out all kinds of guns to get some pictures of himself well armed

The oldest gun I have is a mid 1800s handmade squirrel gun my great great grandfather made.

I have a gun just like the one Oswald used, an Italian carbine rifle I can't remember the name of right off. Several rifles used in the world wars, I never got the point in having a never used war rifle so all the ones I have were picked up off the battlefield and show lots of signs of use. I have a low serial # model 94 winchester. I have a large part of the pre-banned assault rifle list. Including an AR15 with M203 launcher on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_00029.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	936  
CoyoteX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:08 PM   #36
Supporting Member

If i had enough money i would have so many guns but it takes way to much money for what i want. The jfk gun is Mannlicher Carcano
Old 11-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #37
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skewbe View Post
The pictures are a little over the top (and could you remove the dirty socks next time lovemysan?!?)

Might as well be brandishing pictures of your wee-wees, if you weren't compensating already that is
you didn't have to post(or look) here. i believe the "we-wees" comment IS more than a little over the top. i've heard "rough necks"(many which are gun owners) are real gentlemen. in other words there's no need to compensate.

not everyone is a perfectionist like you sir. others overlook certain insignificant details. lighten up!

this is the short version of the conclusion to my paper on this subject:

bloodshed by in large is avoided during single gun confrontations. meaning that if a second gun is absent or kept concealed, bodily harm CAN be avoided IF requests are met. HOWEVER, a small % of incidents do still become a bloody encounter.
the problem is, the small % of individuals that kill reguardless, is on the rise.
if someone breaks into my home, i'd rather error on the side that he/she is in the lesser %.

thank you to all who gave suggestions for a first gun. i'll return to this thread to recap when the time comes.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:40 PM   #38
Registered Member

Funny, you felt defensive about the wee-wee comment, LOL
Old 11-20-2007, 03:10 PM   #39
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skewbe View Post
Funny, you felt defensive about the wee-wee comment, LOL
you really do overlook the obvious don't you? or perhaps you didn't bother to read my first post here. maybe you just forgot. speaking of defensive (or is it insecurity), why do you hide?
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:30 PM   #40
Registered Member

i can't believe there's so many living in such a constant state of fear that they feel the need to have an arsenal. oh well.

i'm all for gun ownership btw

F150:
New EPA12/14/17

theclencher is offline   Reply With Quote