any other gt4 fans in here? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2006, 11:24 AM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to tomauto Send a message via MSN to tomauto Send a message via Yahoo to tomauto
The holy grail of car games

This game is expanding indefinately, I consider it to be the history of cars on a disc, where you can't just look at them, but actually take them out for a drive!

The only thing that I really am missing out on is playing other people, nobody around me has ever been able to compete with me. I am ready for online GT5 to say the least. That is cool that you guys can share the PS2 like that. I almost bought the AR Max replay (from the playstation forums) it was able to take the game replays and let everyone share them, I just never got around to it. GT5 should have a excellent online experience, or I will be reluctant to buy the PS3...That aspect should justify the nearly $1,500 dollars I will need to spend for a LCD HDTV ($750 in 18 months...hopefully less), a PS3 ($600), GT5 ($60?), online suscription, all the cables ($25-50), and a PS3 controller right ????

I've been hooked for 7 years now, there is no stopping this spending spree.

Beater: 1988 Honda Civic DX Hatback - Stripped - 30mpg

RIP: 1996 Honda Civic LX 42mpg - you will be missed

https://tomauto.smugmug.com/Cars
tomauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:10 PM   #12
Registered Member

I've never played GT4... ...but we bought my son an Xbox for Christmas and Forsa came with it (Xbox fans claim it kills GT4). The AI is really agressive in it so I get frustrated with it at higher levels, but it's a great game overall - especially with how much you can customize the cars...I really want a Talon/Eclipse now.

However, I have a pre-disposition to liking to blow things up so I'm really hooked on Halo 2 lately.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:52 PM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to tomauto Send a message via MSN to tomauto Send a message via Yahoo to tomauto
xbox

Xbox fanboys think everything that is made by microsoft worthy of worship. I really dont know what got into their heads. The gameplay might be better if they like to bounce of walls. Xbox games are much more 'arcade' style I would say and that is why they like it, because of the fast paced fury. They also like 'feeling fast' like burry screens and NOS, but I never see blurs when I speed up in real life.

Old 05-24-2006, 07:25 PM   #14
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
i have both forza and gt4 and i like both of them equally. forza is less of a driving simulator and more of a racing game. while gt4 is definitely a pure bred driving simulator

gt4 has better graphics and the courses and the feel are more realistic as well as the behavior of the other drivers. however some characteristics are not too flexible at all, such as paint, tire pressure, abs, car selection, etc. also there isnt damage.

forza is more forgiving in the driving technique and all of the courses are more broad making it much easier. take nurburgring for example. in gt4 that track is TOUGH in forza its totally cake. the graphics are foggy in forza. i play on a projector so i notice when the details are not crystal clear, maybe on a 29in tv it wont matter. it is cool that you can change tire pressure and take off abs as well as having an 'ideal' line to race with guided speed and all that, but i get really annoyed when a car doesnt have abs and if you tap the button the brakes just lock. also the drivers in forza are all a bunch of jerks! if your close behind them they will brake check you and while your passing them if you dont pass quickly enough or leave them enough space they will give you the pit manuver, whether you are turning or not. with damage that makes this more annoying. there is NOBODY that would EVER do this in real life. the damage is cool though. and i also love the fact that you can do motor swaps, however the swaps all cost almost the same, totally unrealistic and they also got some of their facts mixed up regarding the torque curves.

bottom line: they both have their ups and downs, however one is more of a really fun flexible racing game and the other is a lot more like real life.

o yea i love halo 2 my buddies and i used to rip at that game but we stopped playing recently. my internet connection has been slowing significantly and my buddies computer crapped out. when the 3rd comes out i have a feeling ill pick up a 360 and start back up again after ive moved out and subscribed for a t1 line or something (i dont like cable tv so i dont get cable internet)
Old 05-24-2006, 11:12 PM   #15
Registered Member

Compaq it depends what's your definition of finishing a game is.... 100%?

Yeah GT4 with the force feedback wheel was totally worth it. I am so regretful that I sold it away. (both the game and the accessory)

Sometimes I wonder how far I can coast on a course...

Did anyone else try to get all Gold in liscence's tests besides me? I only made it up to International A before I sold the game away.

I would have to thank that game for the faster wear outside my tires.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:39 AM   #16
Registered Member

I got 90% done with gt4 after spending hundreds of hours. I beat gt2 100%.

The last bit was too hard for me. I canot stress how many hours i played gt2 and gt4.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:27 PM   #17
Registered Member

% complete

GT Completion.

GT2 - 98.8% Glitch
GT3 - 100% (own all but 5 cars)
GT4 - 59.9% (Taking my sweet time, gt5 comes out in 18 months)

Today, I was goofing on on GT4 Photo mode, so I hopped in the Honda Fit, and went to Tokyo for a photo shoot.

Old 05-28-2006, 02:49 PM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
I beat gt2 100%.
yeah, 98.8% ( i should of explained).

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:21 PM   #19
Registered Member

same difference

When I was playing it, I was really confused. I would check all my races, and triple check if I had a bronze or gold. I never found that bronze medal. Those people at Polyphony are tricksters I tell ya.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:09 PM   #20
Registered Member

i love gt4 it is great, sadly i'll never come close to beating it i don't have that much time.

white90crxhf is offline   Reply With Quote