any other gt4 fans in here? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2006, 08:00 AM   #1
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
any other gt4 fans in here?

we cant have a naked entertainment forum. so i figured i would start it with something.

i played gt4 last night and renewed my love for the game. is anyone else into it? making good progress?

Old 05-18-2006, 08:52 AM   #2
Registered Member

i'm a massive fan. i'm pretty much finished the game, haven't played in a few weeks since i got the formula GT car.

honestly, gt4 is what permits me to get good mpg in my fireflea. if i didn't have someplace (virtual though it may be) to get the agressive, tire shredding, fuel-economy-be-damned driving out of my system, i wouldn't have the discipline in real driving.

what's your favourite ride of the moment?

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:33 AM   #3
Registered Member

video games are boring to me. I finish them in 24-48 hours and have to get another game because I'm bored.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:10 AM   #4
|V3|2D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
honestly, gt4 is what permits me to get good mpg in my fireflea. if i didn't have someplace (virtual though it may be) to get the agressive, tire shredding, fuel-economy-be-damned driving out of my system, i wouldn't have the discipline in real driving.

what's your favourite ride of the moment?
im kinda the same way, i know that since ive been playing ive been less itchy to mash the pedal to redline. my problem is that all of my friends cars are so rediculously faster than my car, so i end up slightly heavier on the gas all the time just because im used to how their cars pick up.

back OT i recently picked up the audi r8 using the minolta toyota. both of those are really fun for the prototype class. i have grown fond of the f1 car which i picked up through one of the 24 hour races. that thing is nuts. aside from that i really like the jgtc nsx.

the audi nuvolari and le mans are pretty fun for street cars, and the tommi kaira is always a favorite, however the stock settings in gt4 seem a bit heavier than the stock settings in gt3. maybe its just me.

as far as your normal driving cars, i think the a3 is kinda fun to drive stock and any one of the factory miatas are a great challenge. the lotus elise and the s2000 are particularly fun to drive as well. i love the throttle lift oversteer.

right now im like 40% through the game, probably because as soon as i see one of my friends cars(in real life) i buy it and upgrade it to their specifications, brakes, suspension power, color, gear ratios, everything.

i put video games down for the past 4 months just because of the challenging semester. it was really fun to get back into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
video games are boring to me. I finish them in 24-48 hours and have to get another game because I'm bored.
then you havent played gt4 its impossible to finish the game in less than 48 hours. but seriously, if your not into video games, then why did you post?
Old 05-18-2006, 10:15 AM   #5
Registered Member

I am into video games. As I said before I finish them quick and I get bored.

Old 05-18-2006, 10:24 AM   #6
|V3|2D

so logically we can deduce that your into being bored?

so why dont you pick up gt4? its super fun. you could probably get it on amazon or something for cheap now.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:49 AM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to tomauto Send a message via MSN to tomauto Send a message via Yahoo to tomauto
GT4 Goodness

The only reason why I even purchased a Playstation was because of the Gran Turismo Series (I started with GT2 personally after playing with a cousin on GT1) Then I bought the GT3/PS2 Value pack for a savings of 20 bucks and the pretty box

I consider myself quite a fan, Fall semester I went ahead and purchased a new GT2 and GT to get myself re-aquainted with the history of Polyphony. Have you tried the Logitech wheel? I have it, and I am never going back to the controller... I can't wait for GT5 to come out! The sounds are only getting more realistic. I have spent well over $1,000 on that series, and funny thing is, it is one of the few things I dont regret purchasing.

The Amuse S2000 is one of the most fun to drive cars in the game. I built it to beat racecars...I am 60% done with this game...I have goofed around with about 1200 game days, just taking my time

School forced me out of the game as well, just no time to enjoy myself. As soon as I settle down at home, I will get playing again. Fall I was all over the Playstation GT4 Forum on Photo mode and what not. Great fun, you should try it if you haven't.
Beater: 1988 Honda Civic DX Hatback - Stripped - 30mpg

RIP: 1996 Honda Civic LX 42mpg - you will be missed

https://tomauto.smugmug.com/Cars
tomauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:56 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared
so logically we can deduce that your into being bored?

so why dont you pick up gt4? its super fun. you could probably get it on amazon or something for cheap now.
gt5 is coming out soon.

Old 05-18-2006, 11:00 AM   #9
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to tomauto Send a message via MSN to tomauto Send a message via Yahoo to tomauto
Gt5

Kaz was saying about a year after the PS3 is relased. So November '07 will be the soonest. They normally have delays, which most are willing to wait for.
Beater: 1988 Honda Civic DX Hatback - Stripped - 30mpg

RIP: 1996 Honda Civic LX 42mpg - you will be missed

https://tomauto.smugmug.com/Cars
tomauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:04 AM   #10
Registered Member

i also bought the PS2 specifically to get GT4. and i've gone through the various versions like you, tomauto.

actually, to draw out the fun (and reduce the cost), i should say i bought 1/3 of a playstation and the game. i have "shared custody" of it with my brother in-law and another friend. we each get it for a few weeks, then pass it on to the next guy.

it tends to be a winter thing for me though. i've got lots to do when the weather turns nice, so i don't play much. same with the other guys.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote