Anyone ever notice this? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2010, 05:30 PM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I have recently found out that a 170 calorie Cadbury Creme Egg eaten before I get hungry makes me not get hungry at all. I ate one mid-morning and wasn't hungry for lunch one day, then another day I ate one about an hour before I would be hungry for supper and I ended up not being hungry for supper until bedtime (at which point it was easy to skip).

Old 04-13-2010, 06:21 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
I was pretty hungry earlier today and was having a pretty bad craving despite the fact that I had eaten like 3 hours prior. Anyway I finally caved and started making Ricearoni which I like. The weird thing is, I've notice that just the preparation of food alone seems to satisfy my food cravings.. About half way through the cooking of my Ricearoni, I wasn't hungry anymore and by the time I was finished, I had a sated feeling in my stomach.. It's really weird, it's almost as if I ate the food without actually eating it.. It's ok though, because when I do get hungry an hour or two from now, I'll have an already prepared meal ready for me.. I just thought I should share this as I found it a little strange.. The other thing which I've heard other people say as well is that when they go for a workout or exercise that they don't feel hungry afterwards which I too experience as well after a good workout..

weird stuff, huh?
think about all the money youre saving when you're not eating, but yes getting up and moving around can affect the way your stomach feels, which some people construe as being hungry., fasting is fun once in a while cause it teaches you that pain is all in your head..

spotaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:25 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobc455 View Post
Opposite for me - sometimes I can go until 2 or 3 in the afternoon without being hungry, but if anyone (me or someone else) prepares some breakfast then I get hungry very quickly.

I guess that thinking about the food makes me feel hungry.

-Bob
when I dont work I dont eat till then sometimes, but when I work, it's my insta hungry. eat before
spotaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post

...if the wind is just right we get the smell of bacon, eggs, pancakes, fried delicousness inside our house. so somedays ill wake up smell bacon and be like aww sweet someones actually making breakfast!
I grew up about 5-6 miles from the old Miller brewery in Azusa, CA. Every so often, if the wind was just right, I could walk outside in the early morning and smell....BEER!

I've noticed that when I am cooking food, I am usually tasting, nibbling, etc. By time to eat, I'm full!

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:41 PM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
I have recently found out that a 170 calorie Cadbury Creme Egg eaten before I get hungry makes me not get hungry at all.
QUICK!, patent that. call it the CCE diet, write a book, and become rich and famous touring the country telling your story, making EVEN more $$$.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #16
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Wouldn't it be great if that was the answer to my both my financial and weight problems?
Old 04-14-2010, 06:38 PM   #17
Registered Member

Four out of five dentists could really MILK this!

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:05 PM   #18

Just to show you how gullible people are, there was a pyramid scheme in Utah where a fat couple marketed a "diet cookie." They claimed eating two 50 calorie cookies would quell your craving for food, etc. We analyzed the cookies, which had double the advertised calories. IIRC, we enjoined them from making their fraudulent claims, and the company went under.

I never understood why anyone believed the claims, since both the husband and wife pitchmen were 50 lbs overweight, and you could see it in their promo photos. I guess if you want to believe, you'll believe.
FrugalFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:08 AM   #19
Registered Member

to add to the confusion, some of those "fad" diets can actually work. the adkins diet comes to mind. trouble is, the process either taxes the body long term or the weight loss cannot be sustained.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:48 AM   #20
Registered Member

Yeah, there's plenty of fad diets that will result in weight loss but decreased health, usually accompanied by re-gaining the weight shortly after.

People get so caught up in losing weight that they forget about health...it's like getting twice the MPG but driving three times as far, you've spent more gas even though you got better fuel economy. I guess more are just trying to look (by their definition) good rather than get healthy.