Anyone ever notice this? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

Anyone ever notice this?

I was pretty hungry earlier today and was having a pretty bad craving despite the fact that I had eaten like 3 hours prior. Anyway I finally caved and started making Ricearoni which I like. The weird thing is, I've notice that just the preparation of food alone seems to satisfy my food cravings.. About half way through the cooking of my Ricearoni, I wasn't hungry anymore and by the time I was finished, I had a sated feeling in my stomach.. It's really weird, it's almost as if I ate the food without actually eating it.. It's ok though, because when I do get hungry an hour or two from now, I'll have an already prepared meal ready for me.. I just thought I should share this as I found it a little strange.. The other thing which I've heard other people say as well is that when they go for a workout or exercise that they don't feel hungry afterwards which I too experience as well after a good workout..

weird stuff, huh?

imzjustplayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
Registered Member

'fraid I never noticed that. But...maybe that's why I weigh 205....

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:51 PM   #3
Registered Member

ive done this before, make soem food eat it still hungry in the process of makin more i smell it, then its like hmm im full now WTF am i going to do with this
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:37 AM   #4
Site Team

Opposite for me - sometimes I can go until 2 or 3 in the afternoon without being hungry, but if anyone (me or someone else) prepares some breakfast then I get hungry very quickly.

I guess that thinking about the food makes me feel hungry.

-Bob
Old 04-13-2010, 03:17 AM   #5
Registered Member

Never noticed that!

I'm hungry from the time me eyes open, until after lunch sometime... and I even eat breakfast but it never seems to satisfy me!

I eat at 7am, 9:30, 11:30, then the gap.... no dinner until 5 or 6pm, snack or leftovers at 8 or 9.

I'm 6'1" 202lbs, probably carrying 20 extra lbs of love. lol
'96 Chevy C1500 (5.0L 5sp)
'08 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
'01 KTM Duke 2
Project84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:28 AM   #6
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
For me it's definitely opposite. If I or someone else is making food, that just makes me more hungry. If it takes a while then the smell teases me up into a lather and I devour even more.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:49 AM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
I know there is something to curbing appetite via the smelling of food. After all half of your eating experience is the smelling of the food as well as the tasting of it.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:56 AM   #8

Add me to the group which isn't satisfied by smell. Smelling food just makes me hungrier. I guess I'm one of Pavlov's dogs.
FrugalFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:49 AM   #9
Registered Member

lol least you guys dont get tricked when you wake up.

about a block from my house is a small dinner that has amazing breakfast and dinners.

well if the wind is just right we get the smell of bacon, eggs, pancakes, fried delicousness inside our house. so somedays ill wake up smell bacon and be like aww sweet someones actually making breakfast!

get outa bed run to the kitchen and nothing noone else is even home or is there any evidence of breakfast hahahha
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #10
Registered Member

well you guys know me, i walk the path untravelled. i can actually understand both. i also eat every 2 to 3 hours, and absolutely cannot eat right after a workout or b-ball game. sometimes the smell of good food makes me think i'm hungry, but i can't bring myself to eat.

and of course, there are times i don't feel hungry...until i smell something wonderful. i take a lot of protein shakes, and it seems like when they finish getting digested, i can get a craving all of of a sudden(especially when there's food being cooked).

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote