Bluetooth shower speakers? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
Bluetooth shower speakers?

Do they make such a thing? I'd like to listen to music in the shower and the best way to do that and have access to my music is through bluetooth to my desktop.

I'm a Sansa fan so I don't have an iPod. (I swear they make EVERYTHING for those stupid things) and they don't have much offering as far as a dock for the Sansa players.

I have a feeling I'll end up building my own Sansa dock or bluetooth device for this but I would GREATLY prefer not having to do that.

Then again, a Sansa dock could be powered by the Sansa itself as long as I don't want a sub and since it's an apartment that would probably be best. I can just remove the player once a week or so for charging.

That gives me another idea... I could use the water flowing to the shower head as a power generation source to charge the player and run a small amp... That'd be sweet!

Old 12-16-2008, 03:06 PM   #2
Registered Member

You can get FM radios for the shower and you can get those low power FM transmitters for hooking up an MP3 player or similar to a car or other stereo...

Radio! The original wireless!

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:54 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
I could use FM for the audio, then send play and pause commands over am or something.... good idea!

I had another one too, I could get an A2DP compatable bluetooth stereo headset with a blown speaker or something and use that for the core, just piggyback a waterproof controller and an audio amp with speakers.

The only reason I like the bluetooth idea is because it's so simple to implement. The interface and software is already there. The execution, however...not so much. Water and electronics don't mix well. lol
Old 12-16-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
Registered Member

umm why not just run speakers or something to the bathroom, the speakers dont need to be IN the shower do they?
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:33 PM   #5
Registered Member

Tie a remote control in a condom, use a remote extender from the bathroom.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:03 PM   #6
Registered Member

Try a boat supplies place.
They have Bluetooth / iPod set ups for boats with waterproof speaker sets.

Either that or take singing lessons.

Pete.

GasSavers_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote