Car wrecked. - Page 9 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2006, 11:23 PM   #81
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmcneal
well maybe to all people have all werid sorts of way to record their own mpg. And some people believe that they know their own car and knows what they are suppose to get when the needle is pointing at a certain angle. All Compaq wants to say is when the needle looks like its calibrated while he's maintaining a constant speed is that he gets 75 miles when ther needle is pointing at 3/4's full. I could say the same for my car but mine reads 130 miles since I notice for my gas gauge two it has certain stages, and its pretty linear once you notice it. And for us gas freaks we sure do, although its not a number to use for science but its still a number that will evenually predict your mpg unless you decide to make it for better or for worse...

its just everyone else prefers the pump calculated ways since its as accuate as how much you pumped in the tank. So at a fill I would take the number that i RESET LAST FILL and then write it on the reciept that I am going to get right this moment. That receipt should contain the number of liters/gallons I pumped in, and by writing the number of km/miles i got from the odometer I can go home, do the math and then input that number on three different databases for safe keeping =)

then screw the recept.
75 is low at at the 3/4 mark. 90-100miles is about right.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote