Contagen and Apollo 18 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
Registered Member

Contagen and Apollo 18

Contagen, I must say is boring, compared to other virus movies it should have been titled Flu. Its billed as a virus apocalypse movie, but its more of an epidemic movie, with mild rioting. Not for kids, it will only put them to sleep.

Apollo 18; is strangely like Blair Witch. It is supposedly based on recovered film from the secret Apollo 18 mission. First off, Apollo 18 carried the Soyus link modual for the Apollo Soyus mission, I believe in 75. Apollo 19 carried Skylab, and Apollo 20 is laying on its side at the Cape Canaveral space center. So I went into the movie knowing its complete fluff.

A lot of the movie is first person camera and it can be visually exhausting, ie. 84 Charlie Mo Pic, a Viet Nam movie shot all hand held. Its good and mysterious, there could have been more outside shots, rather than completely relying on first person cameras and hand helds.

Ya know, Im kind of in the middle with this one. All the sets, moon rover, and space suits are historically accurate, much like Apollo 13 the movie. Would I see it again? Only to look at the groovy 60's space technology perfectly recreated. Kids? They will get scared, but once you see the ending, you know what will happen. A good rental.

GasSavers_Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
Registered Member

Re: Contagen and Apollo 18

thanks for the heads up...i hated blair witch!
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote