Coronavirus. - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-02-2020, 10:34 PM   #21
Registered Member

Of the people who lost their sense of smell and taste (all ages can suffer these symptoms), 10% don't get these senses back. Would you want to go through life with no sense of smell or taste?

Old 07-02-2020, 11:09 PM   #22
Registered Member

Not especially, but I think the pandemic is at a low enough level to begin living life again, even if it will be different. I know I'll be the first in the pub when they re-open. Really hoping the government hasn't forgot about the biggest health pandemic whilst this is happening, and that's the fact that the biggest cause of death in men aged 25-50 is suicide. That should be thier main focus after this is over in my opinion.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 02:41 AM   #23
Registered Member

The latest research suggests that once you catch it, the antibodies only last a few months, then you can catch it again. As well as lung problems, it can cause long term heart problems.
Old 10-15-2020, 05:59 AM   #24
Out of Fuel

It trully is a very dangerous disease. Better not go outdoors 'till the whole thing gets eradicated.
EddWick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 08:58 AM   #25
Registered Member

Just out of interest, how did everyone get on with covid, assuming most people had it. My only two symptoms were change/loss of smell/taste. 10 weeks ish later, my taste is starting to come back, but comes and goes. Smell, well I can only smell certain things, thankfully I can't smell bad things which is a blessing. Some of my friends, it took a year for thier taste to come back.

I kindly declined the vaccines, as I'm considered an extremely low risk group, I'd rather mine be used as a booster for those that need it. Plus, the vaccines hide the symptoms, I probably would have passed the virus on to several vulnerable family members as I had no symptoms besides those mentioned above. Unfortunately this has happened to many of my friends who arrogantly thought they were invincible after both jabs. One of which passed it on to both elderly parents and several colleagues too. Luckily they were all ok.

Stay safe people!

Old 11-10-2021, 09:43 AM   #26
Registered Member

Neither myself or my wife caught Covid. That's not to say we won't get it as it is still rife hereabouts. My wife has had three vaccines and I received an appointment for my third this morning.
Old 11-11-2021, 01:41 PM   #27
Registered Member

I haven't caught it either yet, or if I did I didn't notice. I picked up both my vaccines as soon as they were available. They are talking about boosters now, but I'm starting to doubt the experts. I know this is a new thing, but in the beginning they were saying one thing and now they are saying something different. I also hate how society / media talks and treats the anti waxxers, like we supposed to blame them if there is an outbrake or if there is a point the doctors want to make. In the beginning they told us that 75% of the population had to be vaccinated, since that didn't work there had to be someone to blame.

"Beware of experts!" Mike Rowe
Old 11-11-2021, 10:39 PM   #28
Registered Member

Yea we are getting a hard a time, like you say, people are desperate to blame someone, they blame us. It was a double jabbed person that passed the virus to me, I don't feel hate towards them, that's just how it goes. Alot more of my friends/people I know got covid after the jabs, although that coincides with lifted restrictions. Only 28% of those in hospital with covid are unvaccinated so it's not quite the miracle cure they were hoping for. I'd encourage anyone to get it if they want it, but I'd also ask people to respect the freewill and lifestyle choices of others.

Old 11-12-2021, 02:05 AM   #29
Registered Member

That's all Care Home staff required to be vaccinated now, in the UK, or they cannot work in the industry. Frontline NHS staff in England will soon be the same.
Austria is looking at bringing in Lockdown for non-vaccinated members of the population.
Old 11-12-2021, 03:39 AM   #30
Registered Member

It disgusts me to think it's turned to blackmail, especially on our heros that have risked their lives to save others throughout the pandemic. People in that industry are tested daily regardless of vaccination status.

On the plus side, house prices are set to increase further in Wales as those loosing jobs are forced to move over the border into a country that has more respect for personal choice.