Crazy weather - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2007, 09:20 PM   #11
Registered Member

Freakishly warm temps. I it has been 27 days straight above normal for pittsburgh.

I belive in global warming. I am not shure how much greenhouse gasses are contributing. This graph makes the future look grim.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:37 AM   #12
Registered Member

Since i got my laptop I've lost all my stuff, cause I caught a virus and had to run system restore after it deleted a system file. Yes it is due every 10k years if I remember correctly so I think its right. I'll google some sights and get back for some links.

Old 01-07-2007, 06:43 AM   #13
Registered Member

http://physicsweb.org/articles/news/3/1/14
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/st...748510,00.html (< link says it happens every half a million years)
http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc...9/phy99357.htm (, and of course a vague comment by our government saying not to worry about it you'll die before it happens. but proof non the less I say)
Old 01-07-2007, 06:56 AM   #14
Registered Member

getting people to believe in Global warming will be a VERY hard sell, at least in the past it has been.

Up into rescently Global Warming has been something that the Serria club invented to get their agenda pushed forward. We all know how crazy they are along with PETA, ACLU, Greenpeace, etc...

My mind was changed by watching "The Inconvient truth". However, If you want the rest of the states to buy into it you can NOT have Al Gore telling you about it. At least not down here in south Louisiana or anywhere else that's rural.

Infact my Landlord is HUGE into solar power EV cars and what not but refuses to watch the show because of Al Gore.

There needs to be somebody out there that 90% of America loves and will listen to.

Until that happens we are wasting our time telling our neighbors about saving gas. They are only doing to keep more money in their pockets and not to help save our planet.

Any ideas????
Old 01-07-2007, 07:44 AM   #15
Registered Member

I would have to agree with some of those organizations going a little far but the ACLU...... thats a stretch to say they're radical. America doesn't love anybody, we're given too many choice to try and find any common ground. :{
Old 01-07-2007, 02:29 PM   #16
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
My brother was saying today that the warming effect is due to global warming but another new discovery was that we are getting 25% less sun light warming due to high altitude jet exhost polution causing sunlight to be reflected back into space. "They" then realized means that we are Global Warming much faster by our burning of fuels by that 25% even with the lowered solar heating.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:52 PM   #17
Registered Member

Saw another "first" today: Canada geese flying NORTH in formation. That's nuts. They should be in the southern States or Mexico. Usually they're gone from here until March.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:40 PM   #18
Registered Member

It was 66F in beautiful CT yesterday, and I was outside in short sleeves installing the EV switch in the Prius. I have installed a lot of stuff in January and I'm usually miserable. Of course, the 10-day forecast calls for a bit more seasonable weather. On Wednesday. Then it's back into the 40s and 50s F, pushing 60F again next weekend.

It doesn't help my mood to have seen "An Inconvenient Truth" last night. Say what you want about Al Gore, any tiny lingering doubt about global warming has been driven from my mind.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:21 PM   #19
Registered Member

Ugh! It's absolutely freaking freezing here in Regina SK. It was -31*F at 8am this morning and with the wind added into the mix (windchill factor), the temperature felt like -54*F . The city cancelled school buses so classrooms were only half full, brand new cars wouldn't start, and I have a difficult time choosing whether let my feet freeze, or to let the window get all frosted up in the Geo. The poor heater couldn't keep up to both . Warm air intake? WHAT warm air intake?!
Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:26 PM   #20
Registered Member

Yeah, I read about that in the news. It was above freezing again here today, but colder weather's coming.

Out of curiosity, I looked up weather stats for this part of the province, the statistically coldest time of the year is the 3rd week of January. Which is... next week.

I always observe the winter solstice - I like that the days are getting longer again. And I can now celebrate the passing of the 3rd week of January - temps getting warmer again (statistically)!

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote