Do you really care for your car? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
Registered Member

Do you really care for your car?

Do you really take very good care of your car just as if it is an extended family member? I have seen people especially a community named Parsis taking really good care of their cars. Thanks

----
"In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks." -Scott Adams

wendywindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
Registered Member

Yes.....I do the maintenance myself and pretty much follow the owners manual schedule. Unless there is something I can't do, and then it goes to a local mechanic. I figure that if I keep up with the routine stuff I'll get the best fuel economy out of it and there will be less of a chance of it leaving me stranded somewhere.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:27 AM   #3
Registered Member

My current car is my first new one and I notice I take much better care of its appearance than my old rust buckets. Before I worried about keeping my cars running well, but wouldn't sweat small dents, for example. Someone broke my sunroof glass in my 87 Nissan Sentra and I replaced it with plywood! Still miss that car (its hatchback seemed like it could carry anything).

Main Entry: co de pen dence - see codependency
co de pen den cy
Pronunciation: \kō-di-ˈpen-dən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Date: 1979

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
GasSavers_maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:58 AM   #4
Registered Member

Yes, all 3 of my cars. That's why I have spreads sheets containing records of all maintenance and every fuel fillup.
GasSavers_NovaResource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #5
Registered Member

yea i do milleage maintince, try to do body work to comabt rust but its a lost cause lol

i replace stuff that looks cracked or worn too
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:06 PM   #6
DRW
Registered Member

It depends on what you mean by 'care'.
I like my car, but I'll kick into the dumpster the day it falls apart. The paint is faded with large white patches and I don't care. Mechanically I tend to it and patch up the failures on a regular basis so I can get to work and home. I keep it in good mechanical shape because it's performance is important to me.