Do you wear glasses? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

View Poll Results: Do you use eye correction?
Contact lenses 5 22.73%
Glasses 12 54.55%
Bifocals 2 9.09%
Laser surgery 0 0%
Monocle 1 4.55%
No glasses 5 22.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2009, 02:56 AM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Yeah, I did huge amounts of reading before and after I started using computers. I didn't stop reading all the time until I was in my 20s.

Come to think of it, my dad needed glasses when he was in the Marines at age 17, so he probably needed them his whole life. I guess I must get my eyesight from my mother's side.

The only problem I have with my eyes is glare. I can't stand glare and it blinds me. This is a huge problem for night driving. I think it might be exacerbated by the fact that I rarely clean the inside of my windshield (and can't seem to do so without causing streaking).

Old 04-17-2009, 04:33 AM   #12
Registered Member

My last pair of glasses had this anti-glare coating that I was assured would not scratch...but it did when I wore it to do construction (by contrast my prescription sunglasses without the coating are still fine - even with them being used for construction and being 10 years old). This meant that I was looking through a permanent haze and that glare from headlights would make me basically blind. Driving through Franconia notch in NH at night was the worst. That's the only reason I got new glasses as my prescription hadn't changed in the last decade.

Main Entry: co de pen dence - see codependency
co de pen den cy
Pronunciation: \kō-di-ˈpen-dən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Date: 1979

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
GasSavers_maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:59 AM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Yeah scratches are a real problem - I had a stone washed denem jacket and put the clipon sunglasses in the chest pocket - after a few ons and offs my eyeglasses got all scratched from the grit in the fabric. The only thing I do is to polish them with Meguiar's plastic polish which fills in the scratches with an oil to help clear them up for a day or so at a time. I don't know what my perscription is but it is not a simple one with weird angles for the astigmatism. The best thing to do is to watch TV in a big room from far away or get outside and look at the distance more - it relaxes the eye lens and improves your vision. Lately after taking some medication for prostate problems I find that I can't focus up close with my glasses on like I used to so I have to look over them or take them off. Unfortunately I have a killer range of about 2 feet that I can't see with or without them now.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #14
Registered Member

Reading glasses.

If I don't have them on I have to squint and make funny faces and it takes me 2x as long to read anything.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:10 AM   #15
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
i switch depending on how much i work. if i spend too much time behind a computer screen, i need to wear glasses from day to day, but i usually wear contact lenses. so, i dont know where to vote..
Old 04-20-2009, 07:33 AM   #16
Registered Member

ok - who voted monacle?!? lol i love it.

btw just about EVERYONE needs reading glasses once they get into their 40's
Old 04-20-2009, 07:38 AM   #17
Registered Member

Contact lenses... I have those 30 day ones I keep in my eyes most of the time. Then once I have eye issues (red eyes usually once a year), I go back to the glasses for a week until my hands could handle the contacts again.

Once I can afford Laser Surgery... I'm Getting It!
Old 04-20-2009, 12:32 PM   #18
Registered Member

at least you can use contacts. my eyes are too dry and even those super breatheable ones i have to take out after maybe 3 hours tops