Experiment In Progress-Sticker - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-10-2007, 01:43 PM   #21
Supporting Member

jwxr7 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwxr7
Or how about a real time display of the cars mpg on an LED matrix in the back window. Then people may understand the benefits of slowing down.
Egg-zactly. Someone should have the SG folks offer a "big LCD" attachment interface. It could have the same screen that we see, only much bigger. It would make great advertising for them, too.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:01 PM   #22
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
My Geo had a Bumper sticker on it that I made . . .

I'm going fast enough on 3 cylinders & 50+ MPG

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwxr7
Or how about a real time display of the cars mpg on an LED matrix in the back window. Then people may understand the benefits of slowing down.
I too thought about that one. Actually, at many times I'd love to have a scrolling LED sign in my rear window to display custom text to drivers behind me. It could turn into a nasty version of road rage quite easily though .
Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:03 PM   #24
Supporting Member

Peakster -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakster
I too thought about that one. Actually, at many times I'd love to have a scrolling LED sign in my rear window to display custom text to drivers behind me. It could turn into a nasty version of road rage quite easily though .
Here are some thinkgeek options :

Scrolling LED License Plate Frame
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/8dde/

Scrolling LED Belt Buckle II
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/7c60/

Scrolling LED Name Badge II
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/7c54/

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #25
Registered Member

Nice cfq83! But I was wanting one where you could make the LEDs display text on demand. Like if someone is being a dork behind you, you could switch on the LED screen and type a custom message to them instantly (a phrase more creative than giving the finger).
Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:57 AM   #26
Registered Member

I've thought about a display of some type, that I could change as conditions did. My problem is that I'd be inclined to say some not very nice things about the folks riding up my backside and in the aggregate I don't need someone driving any closer up my backside because I just pissed them off, more.

I was thinking about something that would maybe give people a reason to give me a little space in the back, without sending them into road rage.

What would really be fun but to hazardous for my use, would be speech recognition system, so it would display what I was actually mumbling about the person but I would prefer to avoid any further confrontations with people who are already overly aggresive.

I've also considered readjusting my rear window washer, so it misses the window and sprays up into the slipstream. I figure a mixture of water, a little dish soap and a little orange juice, might be just enough of a mess on the window to discourage their attraction to my back, without creating enough of an issue to create further aggression, on the other persons part, maybe?
Gary Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:43 AM   #27
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Palmer
I've also considered readjusting my rear window washer, so it misses the window and sprays up into the slipstream. I figure a mixture of water, a little dish soap and a little orange juice, might be just enough of a mess on the window to discourage their attraction to my back, without creating enough of an issue to create further aggression, on the other persons part, maybe?
I've done this very thing with my CRX when I deleted the rear wiper arm. It takes some time for the driver of the car behind you to figure out what is going on but almost every one of those drivers passed me and went on their gas hog way. My favorite instance involved a Porsche Boxster riding my rear all the way to a red light. Once stopped at teh light the driver nearly butted up against my rear bumper, so I let him have it with the nozzle. He freaked out and actually threw his car into reverse and backed way up! He decided to keep his distance from me after that.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:56 PM   #28
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I have an idea for a magnetic MPG bumper sticker that I think I'm going to do, what you do is you take a few of those magnetic buisness cards that are becoming more popular again, and after painting them your color of choice, you either stencle, or use stick on letter/numbers, the first one would have your mpg number, and the lower one would simply say "mpg" thus when your mileage changes, you can peal off the magnent, and change it, it also makes use of those magnets.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:05 AM   #29
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
How about an oil leak - use old motor oil in the rear washer - then you can apologize for springing a leak if confronted.

Hypermiller on board!
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:23 AM   #30
Registered Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Palmer View Post
I use my front window washers every time someone's too close behind me . Works fine, and the good thing is, they can never be sure whether it was done because they were too close or not.

86Celica is offline   Reply With Quote