Ford scrappage scheme. - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-22-2017, 06:35 PM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
Many people are too stupid for their own good. It begs a political comparison but I'll refrain.
I'll bite. Speak your mind, LDB!

ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:34 PM   #12
LDB
Registered Member

Nah. I'll save it for another time when it begs even louder.

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:54 PM   #13
Registered Member

Trump that, if you can.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:23 AM   #14
Registered Member

A friend got a similar scam from Honda wanting to "buy" her car. She thought her 2007 Fit was in short supply. Little did she know that it was a trade-in offer to sell her a new car. (Look. If they put up with me in bed, intelligence is the least of my concerns.)
ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:11 AM   #15
Registered Member

Hyundai just announced a scrappage scheme for cars registered before December 2009, with up to £5000 off selected models. Sadly, there's only £2000 off the ioniq EV, but better than a kick in the teeth.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:51 AM   #16
Registered Member

Yeah I really need a new pickup truck, instead of my 37 model year old Toyota. I'm sure that new truck will easily handle a tank of fuel maybe every 4 months, with the battery holding a charge for months without being started.

Yep I MUST run out and spend 40 grand to replace my "free" clunker. Sadly, if I go for antique tags, it's friggin illegal to haul anything in the bed. Such a brilliant rule.

That means annual registration, versus permanent, property taxes, versus none, and other fees and crap the govt likes to sneak in there to extort my hard earned life savings.

I talked it over with my brother and I'll leave it in his name and insurance, paying him the cost annually. Otherwise I would have to pay $135 for the title to be transferred, on a gift. Maybe I'll build a camper tent for the bed, LOL.

I smell the unburned hydrocarbons on almost every old carbureted car I see on the road. You wont smell that behind my truck and it still gets 23 mpg, about the same as a new one. I guess the idea of actually tuning a carbureted car properly is as lost as the knowledge of what a set of points is at the motorcycle dealership's parts department.

Note to car companies:

If you want my business make something that is truly an improvement, especially after 37 years on the road. What an astounding idea, versus calling a cash discount an incentive.

Like my Mirage.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:56 AM   #17
Registered Member

It would be disastrous for the US car market to scrap everything over 7 years old. It would mean the average car would be 3.5 years old, versus close to the 11 years it is now.

Hades, they finance them that long here, just make your last payment and drive it to the crusher. Great for them, death for a large segment of the auto industry that keeps them on the road. I seriously question the actual percentage of global emissions they would eliminate, considering every single source in total.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:35 AM   #18
Registered Member

The almost 100,000,000 cars and commercial vehicles produced last year suggests that quite a few people still want new cars. And if you missed the improvements to aerodynamics, design, build quality, refinement, practicality, reliability, performance, efficiency, emission control, road holding and handling ability, safety, and everything else in the last 37 years, you must have been living under a rock no?

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:53 AM   #19
Registered Member

The fact that carbureted cars are still running around is part of the reason for reformulated gas blends, and support oxygenates like ethanol.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:30 PM   #20
Registered Member

1000 miles on the bike at 80+ us, 100 + brit. There is my "rock". How about yours LOL, you HAD an Insight, great MPG and emissions. I averaged 68 us in my 2002 with the CVT. Last thing I did with the truck was pick up the bike.

For it's very limited purpose and use my truck is perfect.