Fukushima Nuclear Reactor Meltdown - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2017, 10:00 AM   #1
Registered Member

Fukushima Nuclear Reactor Meltdown

The alternative news on YouTube reports the Fukushima radiation problem is a LOT worse than the Japanese and US gov't is disclosing.

Some countries warn citizens it's unsafe to be in the rain without an umbrella. The US gov't doesn't give such a warning. Figures.

This pretty much seals my eventual move to Medellin, Columbia after my Mum "departs".

Whatcha think about this Fukushima fiasco?

ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:20 PM   #2
Registered Member

I heard stories about Fukushima as well. There was a time when all the MotoGP riders wanted to boycott the Japanese Grand Prix because there were concerns with regards to air, water, rain and harm to the human body. There was a test done by a third party and it was acceptable (they said) to host the race, and all the racers showed up. Having said that, Casey Stoner's wife stayed home that race because she was pregnant, and she went to all the races with Casey except that one.

I remember when Chernobyl happened, I was living in Former Yugoslavia at the time. It was raining that day and the government sent out an emergency message that everyone that was in the rain should go home and take a shower immediately because the wind was blowing from Ukraine and it probably picked up particulates.

I saw a documentary about Medellin a few times and it wasn't about affordable housing. Columbia is a beautiful country ruined by the drug dealers who run the country. I also feel very sorry for the farmers that live there.

Old 04-08-2017, 04:52 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2spd View Post
I heard stories about Fukushima as well. There was a time when all the MotoGP riders wanted to boycott the Japanese Grand Prix because there were concerns with regards to air, water, rain and harm to the human body. There was a test done by a third party and it was acceptable (they said) to host the race, and all the racers showed up. Having said that, Casey Stoner's wife stayed home that race because she was pregnant, and she went to all the races with Casey except that one.

I remember when Chernobyl happened, I was living in Former Yugoslavia at the time. It was raining that day and the government sent out an emergency message that everyone that was in the rain should go home and take a shower immediately because the wind was blowing from Ukraine and it probably picked up particulates.

I saw a documentary about Medellin a few times and it wasn't about affordable housing. Columbia is a beautiful country ruined by the drug dealers who run the country. I also feel very sorry for the farmers that live there.
I read many Columbian farmers moved to the big cities, like Medellin, to escape the countryside drug violence.

Although there's still drug trafficking it's nothing as it was when Escobar was alive. In fact, that time in history is still a sore subject among the natives, because many know someone that was killed during that era. Tourist report nasty reactions when they mention Escobar, even jokingly.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:23 AM   #4
LDB
Registered Member

I can't imagine living south of the U.S. anywhere. Wouldn't do it if they paid me. Far too unsafe overall. There are very few places outside the country I'd consider living though due to safety or rights infringements or both.

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:03 PM   #5
Registered Member

Really? Infringements of rights? What parts of Europe do you consider unsafe and for what reasons?

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:29 PM   #6
LDB
Registered Member

I think most of Europe is probably safe although some areas have more than their share of questionable refugees and likely aren't so safe anymore. And to my knowledge most if not all prohibit firearm ownership without some to complete infringement.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:53 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
I can't imagine living south of the U.S. anywhere. Wouldn't do it if they paid me. Far too unsafe overall. There are very few places outside the country I'd consider living though due to safety or rights infringements or both.
LDB, what got me thinking about moving to Medellin were the reports posted by this American YouTube vlogger:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW0...view=0&sort=da

Cartess, the vlogger, just LOVES life in Medellin. So much so, he's buying a 3-bedroom condo in a high rise building for around US$85k. The USD goes amazingly far down there.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:57 PM   #8
LDB
Registered Member

Yes and the weather is supposed to be very agreeable but I don't trust anywhere south of the border.

Old 04-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #9
Registered Member

Don't want to advertise anything, but if you love abandoned and/or derelict spaces, there's a book just released by a photographer who was allowed into the Red zone recently. Return to Fukushima it's called. She documents the tragedy in detail, and describes the horrible scene of a farm, where animals left to starve were still tied in thier pens. Creepy.

I find post-human apocalyptic desolation quite intriguing to say the least. Saw 33 photos she took, it's made me want the book!

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:02 PM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
Don't want to advertise anything, but if you love abandoned and/or derelict spaces, there's a book just released by a photographer who was allowed into the Red zone recently. Return to Fukushima it's called. She documents the tragedy in detail, and describes the horrible scene of a farm, where animals left to starve were still tied in thier pens. Creepy.

I find post-human apocalyptic desolation quite intriguing to say the least. Saw 33 photos she took, it's made me want the book!
Hmmm. Paul, I never knew THIS side of you. You're twisted enough that I hereby grant you temporary American citizenship. Go get yourself a gun and celebrate!