Gaslog? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-19-2006, 05:57 PM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Naaa I put in 50 liters and is says 50 gallons when I switch units back to gallons. It doesn't really matter I set it to 12 gallons and don't expect to run it anywhere near dry besides it usually says I use more than I actually do anyway. I think that gets into the pumping errors - will be interesting if pumping slow again results in less gas going in than it says it used as it did the last time I pumped slow.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:05 PM   #12
Registered Member

well the low gas light came on at 258 miles. according to how much gas i started with thats 32.78 mpg. my scanguage trip readings have been 36-38 constantly on my drives to and from work. i'm gonna use this one but from now on i'm starting with a full tank and gonna go by the pump reading. i'll have to decide how low i will go before refueling. it took 9.58 gallons till it clicked off. i started with a fast fill and after 8 gallons i slowed it down.

LxMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:39 PM   #13
Registered Member

That's great for filling it up without foaming the fuel at the end of the filling but if you pump slow for the entire tank it seems that you get some free gas due to pump errors.

You need to calibrate the speed on the SG to get accurate mileage (distance) - I used my GPS to get my speed since it reads to 0.1 mph. This also calibrates distance traveled which is about 10% low on my odometer. There is also some calibration on the fuel used when you fillup you can adjust the amount of gallons it thinks you burned and how much you put in and you adjust the burnt amount to match the pumped amount and it will give more accurate mileage after that. I find the between pump errors and not filling up all the way I leave that calibration alone.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:54 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGeo
if you pump slow for the entire tank it seems that you get some free gas due to pump errors.
Seriously? Have you tested this systematically, or is it a comparison to the SG fuel used info?
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:42 PM   #15
Registered Member

well i'm gonna see if maybe the low fuel light isn't so accurate. I filled up and will refill when it gets down to about 1/4 tank or so. owners manual says low fuel light comes on when 1/16th of a tank is left! thats only .8 gallons!

i was ok coming to work and light came on when i started car when i got off. either it's not accurate or i was on the bordeline and the restart used enough to get into the ligth range.

not sure about calibrating the speed. i know the torque converter locks up at 42 mph so maybe have it set to indicate current speed it's reading and correct that way.

LxMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:19 PM   #16
Registered Member

The DOT spec is yellow light is 2 gallons remaining Red light is 1 gallon left or maybe 1.5 gallons. Not that I want to run all the way empty but the last time I had the light come on was at the S&S gas station on level ground engine running as I recorded the odometer and SG readings just before I was gassing up. I then proceeded to fill until it wouldn't take any more took 10.007 gallons which is about right for the 11.9 gallon tank. Now I maybe could have squeezed in a few tenths of a gallon more into Sunday's fillup but I was topping it off really slowly and it was spilling on the ground and all over my tire - so I figured it was pretty full. The light had come on 11 miles earlier on level roads so I should have burnt about .25 gallons more since it cam on and it wouldn't even take 10 gallons so . . . sounds like slow pumping is a big possibility. Will have to go back to that pump again when I get empty since I didn't really see that big a descrepency at the last gasup. Maybe the 400 mile each way trip to Maine and back will run me out sooner so I can report back asap.