Gassavers.org Stickers - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-24-2006, 04:52 AM   #11

Re: Honda-tech.com sells theirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Honda-tech.com sells theirs for like 4 bucks a pop, I'd def buy them for that.
Maybe we should bug the mods there and see where they get theirs made.

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:12 AM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
diy

Anyone with a low speed laser printer like an HP 4ppm can make their own out of lettering vinyl - certain vinyls take toner very well and a coat of Clear Krylon fuses the toner to the vinyl and makes it all nice and shiny! It will also peal off cleanly after years stuck on your bumper. Been doing it for years. Guess you need to see the rear bumper of my Geo . . .

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:05 PM   #13
Registered Member

Re: Sign me up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
Sign me up for a sticker. Also, I was thinking of a Gassavers.org license plate frame (probably a little more complicated).

RH77
I was thinking of something like this too... something like:

The license plate frame is a cool idea, but putting a mpg number like 50 leaves us lower life forms out in the cold. Driving a truck keeps me way behind, even though my mileage is easily 20% than other trucks like mine and as much as 50% depending.
chesspirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:38 PM   #14
Driving on E

Re: Sign me up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesspirate
The license plate frame is a cool idea, but putting a mpg number like 50 leaves us lower life forms out in the cold. Driving a truck keeps me way behind, even though my mileage is easily 20% than other trucks like mine and as much as 50% depending.
I was actually thinking of making a series of these each with different MPG figures. I was debating license plate frames (obviously more expensive) and bumper stickers.

The only problem with all of this is that I would have to order a massive amount for any order. Some stickers I found online would be a minimum order of 2000 stickers.

Which leads me to another question.

What type of sticker is preferred? Rectangular? oval? Clear background? White background? Black backgrond? What about the color of the text? I'm looking at one place that can give all of these options, but I'm unsure if they can do more than one option at a time for one order.

I'm not opposed to spending some money in hopes that the stickers will sell. It would obviously take some time, however, but I think it's doable.

Just looked into license plate frames... it's very doable. Minimum order is 125, so including a MPG figure might not be a good idea. Any design suggestions?
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:39 PM   #15
*shrug*

Clear backgrounds, for

Clear backgrounds, for windows. Not as obtrustive and all that,
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:43 PM   #16
Driving on E

Re: Clear backgrounds, for

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Clear backgrounds, for windows. Not as obtrustive and all that,
color of text?
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:47 PM   #17
*shrug*

Black I'd say for the first

Black I'd say for the first run. Or do the tri-color thing like h-t has.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 04:50 AM   #18

I'd say clear background.

I'd say clear background. Maybe white lettering...we want something that shows! I'll talk to my friend who used to run the car club I was in. There is a vinyl sticker shop nearby where we used to get our stickers done, and they weren't that bad. I think I paid like $16 for one that was about 30" long with 3 or 4" letter height.

Sticker real estate on the rear of my car is getting slim as it is...I may have to remove some to make room for the Gassavers one!
Old 01-27-2006, 05:17 AM   #19
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
layout

Anyone have the artwork in Coreldraw or DWG file format or maybe a big bitmap that I can use to print them with? Usually I pick a color vinyl for the lettering and reverse print the black with the laser then it matches the black bumper of my Geo. The New xB is all white however so . . . have to do it in black letters on white vinyl.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:42 AM   #20

Sorry for the delay, but

Sorry for the delay, but Matt, I found the place near me that does vinyl stickers for the cheap. I'm going to try to talk to them next week. The place is called Wolf Printing.

Is there any particular font you want me to check out? I was thinking of using a letter height of about .75" or maybe 1". Are we just going to do "Gassavers.org," or any other words or logos [logos will definately increase the price], and do you want it capitalized any differently?

The GT Autoshow is going to be here before I know it and I want to represent the site with my car.