Giving up auto to manual for now - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2006, 04:31 PM   #1
Registered Member

Giving up auto to manual for now

Since I have joined here I have been hot on the idea of swapping from manual to auto but it seems that after my girlfriend is done with university we will be moving, most likely to Sacramento, CA, so for now I am putting on hold the collection of parts for the swap.

Thanks to SVOboy for helping to hook me up with shift linkage, and Matt for offering up his pedal assembly, and everyone else who has answered any questions that I may have had pertaining to the subject.

Don't want to gather all the parts and then have it be time to move and move around a bunch of car parts.

I am however still in the market for MPFI swap parts.

UfoTofU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:31 PM   #2
Driving on E

I started collecting parts for my engine swap almost a year before I actually started the project. Things like that take time, planning, etc... especially if you havn't done anythinglike that before.

I DO have a DX transmission if you're interested. Shipping will be much less b/c you're on the west coast. Keep collecting parts, reading how-tos until you're blue in the face. Study the chilton manuals when you're bored (or on the toilet ) and eventually you'll consider the auto to manual swap easy.

Oh, and you can do lots of cool stuff with your automatic. That civic still has great potential.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:55 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
I started collecting parts for my engine swap almost a year before I actually started the project. Things like that take time, planning, etc... especially if you havn't done anythinglike that before.

I DO have a DX transmission if you're interested. Shipping will be much less b/c you're on the west coast. Keep collecting parts, reading how-tos until you're blue in the face. Study the chilton manuals when you're bored (or on the toilet ) and eventually you'll consider the auto to manual swap easy.

Oh, and you can do lots of cool stuff with your automatic. That civic still has great potential.
Yah, I was putting the auto to manual off for now just to have less to move. Gota wait till I am settled down a little bit more with some space to do these sort of projects.

Going to concentrate on other areas for right now. Smaller projects.

UfoTofU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:09 AM   #4
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by UfoTofU
Going to concentrate on other areas for right now. Smaller projects.
I find myself saying this all of the time. My brain is constantly thinking of new things to do, new sites to start, etc. I really have to calm myself down once a week or so and re-prioritize everything.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:28 AM   #5
*shrug*

Oh noes!

Well, just sell it and get a stick out in cali, they're cheap out there, and you can get a fullfledged HF. I'm in love with mine though, couldn't sell it.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote