got pulled over - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2007, 11:22 AM   #11
Registered Member

In SC, the law says you only need external mirrors if the view out of your interior one is blocked (camper on pick-up truck, etc). I've been stopped by 3 cops, and even when directly asked, none of them had any problems with my side interior rear view mirrors.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:40 PM   #12
Registered Member

I'll check the junk yards but swifts are scarce in these parts. I've thought about motorcycle mirrors too. If I do go back to a full size geo mirror maybe I'll try boat tailing the rear of the mirror like CO did with his . I redid the front of my car today and added an airdam. If I did it right I could offset the drag of the mirror that I add. I'll put pics of it in my garage tomorrow.

jwxr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:09 PM   #13
Registered Member

the Jeep wrangler came out with mirrors on the doors instead of the old design on the A pillar, when you removed doors, cops loved to pull you over and tell you that you don't have side mirrors. I think they moved the mirrors back where they belong on the new Jeeps.
ffvben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:23 PM   #14
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffvben View Post
the Jeep wrangler came out with mirrors on the doors instead of the old design on the A pillar, when you removed doors, cops loved to pull you over and tell you that you don't have side mirrors. I think they moved the mirrors back where they belong on the new Jeeps.
Nah, they are still mounted on the doors. If you want to go doorless you either run motorcycle mirrors or run mirror-movers to mount them on the A pillar.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:22 AM   #15
Registered Member

I forgot, my car has chevy sprint doors. I think from a 91. Does anyone know if they have the same mounts as the geo or swifts? I assume they are but if someone knows for sure, that would be cool.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #16
Registered Member

Is there really that much of a difference in FE by putting the mirrors on the iniside?

Not worth the risk of being ticketed to me. Not even worth the annoyance of being pulled over even if you aren't fined.

atomicradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:15 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicradish View Post
Is there really that much of a difference in FE by putting the mirrors on the iniside?

Not worth the risk of being ticketed to me. Not even worth the annoyance of being pulled over even if you aren't fined.
I wouldn't have done my ds if it didn't break off last winter .

Old 08-21-2007, 03:54 AM   #18
Registered Member

It happened again . On a back road almost home from work. It was raining and he saw I only had one wiper, so he warned me on that and the mirror I haven't put outside yet. I put the wiper on when I got home and now I better get off my butt and do up a mirror soon .

Old 08-21-2007, 04:21 AM   #19
Registered Member

Hmmm... And just when I was thinking of doing a wiper delete...
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicradish View Post

And he wasted gas by making that addition stop on the highway.....how many miles of 'non-outside mirror' would it take to recoup that wasted gas?

IDK, some of you guys are a bit extreme to get that extra .2mpg.

The problem I see with being sooo caught up in this FE thing is how pissed off do you get when a light turns red right in front you.....one that you very well could of stayed green? A sudden stop from 45mph like that would destroy my mileage for the trip. What difference is removing a side mirror going to really make, when there are sooo many outside influences we have no control over?

Just trying to keep a practical perspective.

I know it's a hobby too, but think of the extra money you could of made if you devoted your energy into something that really makes you more money. I know I've spent too much time thinking about FE and planning routes, and taking the slower route, and all that stuff. Not to mention the mental energy required. What if I put that energy into working a couple more hours a week.....I have a lot more money in my pocket in the end, over the small gas savings I would of made. even right now, as I type this....this is what I'm talking about.....

GasSavers_veloman is offline   Reply With Quote