GPS Fun - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-10-2009, 10:43 PM   #11

IIRC, insurance companies will pay for polymer injection to repair rock chips before they turn into cracks. Once a windshield is cracked, you're out the deductable amount before the insurance company will pay one red cent.

FrugalFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #12
Registered Member

Farmers Insurance has a glass rider for a few bucks a month. I keep a $100.00 deductable, and many glass companies eat that so I end up paying nothing.

623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:27 AM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SentraSE-R View Post
IIRC, insurance companies will pay for polymer injection to repair rock chips before they turn into cracks. Once a windshield is cracked, you're out the deductable amount before the insurance company will pay one red cent.
This is how it is here.

I don't think any insurance companies in RI offer a glass rider, but if any do they'd probably cost me $500 more per year.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:40 AM   #14
Registered Member

In KY, there are 3 levels of insurance- liability only (no glass coverage), collision (your cracked windshield is replaced at no charge to the owner, also covers your car if you hit a deer or for hail/storm damage) and full coverage (cracked windshield replaced at no charge, deer/storm damage covered, also covers your car if you hit any object and it is your fault).

For a 15 year old car and a $250 deductible, bumping up from liability to collision is just $50-$80 more per year.

The deductible applies to all types damage except cracked glass. As you might guess, they take a pic of the vehicle and inspect the windshield before you can get collision or full coverage.
GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:39 PM   #15
Registered Member

Gee guys.....maybe you need the government to step in and create competition....so the prices would go down and the coverage would expand.

No, wait!...........
The government did step in... and you have less competition and higher prices.
623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:54 AM   #16
Registered Member

Yes I yell at my Robot

In my business I may have to drive to 5 or 6 new locations a day, I live by my GPS, it has increased my business by 30%, by not having to pull to the side of the road and look through 12 paper maps that cover Virginia to Philadelphia.

I load my days addresses in in the morning and use the distance chart to put all of them in a row. Many times I know the established routes and argue with the computer that wants to send me on a direct line without reguards to traffic.

I think the GPS is preparing us all for the home robot, not only can you argue with it, but you can really have a good yell session and yes, I have actually appologized to my GPS after yelling at it. Course then it gets me to location in the 8 minutes it said it would on the display.

I kind of treat it like the robot in Woody Allen's Sleeper.

GasSavers_Scott is offline   Reply With Quote