How would you respond? - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2006, 06:54 PM   #31
*shrug*

Let me just say...I do not

Let me just say...I do not eat fish. I am a vegetarian. I am not a pescatarian, if I ate fish, that is what I would be. So, vegan is more about animal products and less about animals.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 07:07 PM   #32
Registered Member

Quote:some people are in

Quote:
some people are in this for bragging rights, some for the eco system, and some because they are poor. the reseason(s) for modifying for fuel economy dictate which mods are made.
Reasons for me.

1)Saving $$$
2)Bragging Rights
3)Save the planet and all the eco stuff

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 12:30 AM   #33
Registered Member

lol right on about the

lol right on about the sushi, although i'm jealous on the veggies guys because they don't get the dieseases associated with meat ;( I tried pure veggie stuff once, some stuff is good but its tough to find the good stuff that satisfies a meat eater.

Also I find people can't drive economically because one they don't know how. I realize its much harder for a normal person than people like us equipped with the knowledge and facts. Try getting some random guy to drive efficently and you'll see what I mean, unless that person is actually very serious (I haven't found one person in real life that went, "Wow you save gas? ME TOO!" Instead I get the, "LOL" go figures.)

I'd brag about my mileage but imo 35 mpg is not good enough for my books.. espically when I've been getting that for the past 2 years or so ;(

Indeed old habits are hard to break,
Old 04-14-2006, 04:37 AM   #34
FE nut

Quote:I'd brag about my

Quote:
I'd brag about my mileage but imo 35 mpg is not good enough for my books.. espically when I've been getting that for the past 2 years or so ;(
I think I would brag about 35 mpg. Earlier this week my wife told me that one of the people where she works bought a new(2006) car. They said, "Your husband would love this car, it gets 37 mpg on the highway." She said that they said it as though it was some totally astronomical figure. To the non-FE minded person, 35 is good so I would brag away.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 07:47 AM   #35
*shrug*

I was talking to my friend

I was talking to my friend the other day, and she asked me what my mpg was on the crx, so I said lifetime, 35, and she was like, the escape hybrid (ford suv hybrid) gets 37.

Damnnation!
Old 04-14-2006, 07:55 AM   #36
Driving on E

Re: I was talking to my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
I was talking to my friend the other day, and she asked me what my mpg was on the crx, so I said lifetime, 35, and she was like, the escape hybrid (ford suv hybrid) gets 37.

Damnnation!
Is that using the old EPA convention? If so, it's way over rated.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:18 AM   #37
*shrug*

That's using the what the

That's using the what the car actually gets in regular driving convention,
Old 04-15-2006, 10:03 PM   #38
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I still don't get how making

I still don't get how making your car go faster saves you money, or pays for it's self, what is the advantage of having a car that goes faster the the leagle speed limit? for trips around town I've been useing my Honda CB100, as best as I can figure it's getting around 100mpg, tops out at around 60mph with me on it, it's both peppy, and gets ok mileage, and I don't need to worry about speeding tickets.

I do it for the chalange, and to save money, I would rather invest my money not burn it, burning money is not a chalange, it doesn't teach me anything, it doesn't use any imagination, I am lazy, I like the idea of getting something out of almost nothing, of pushing the peek efficentcy, of taking a car, and making it go as far as possible on as little as possible, for as many years as possible.

My old car I had my mileage drop for a few tanks from 42.5 to 38mpg, a friend pointed out that 38mpg "is still great mileage" I pointed out that in 400 mile trip I'm loosing a gallon of fuel, gone, lost, no gain, fill a milk jug with gas, $2.65 or whatever it costs, and toss it out the window, that is the 4mpg drop in a 400 mile trip.

If I wan the thrill of going fast, I'll go flying, or hop on a motorcycle, or a tobogan, or a bicycle, or zip line, I understand that there is a thrill of spending $10,000 on a car just so it will go fast, but how is it going to pay for it's self?
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 02:16 AM   #39
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy

Damnnation!
on the cleanmpg forums, garyg can easily get 60 mpg in his ford hybrid suv now... and its a FREAKING SUV!!!

yup all city, hwy is easy to get high mileage. City is where the real's fun is at.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:58 AM   #40
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmcneal
on the cleanmpg forums, garyg can easily get 60 mpg in his ford hybrid suv now... and its a FREAKING SUV!!!

yup all city, hwy is easy to get high mileage. City is where the real's fun is at.
Yes, GaryG does get high segments in the city. The FEH has HSD which would explain high city mileage. I havent heard what he gets on the highway however. At some point the aero drag will kick in and bring those numbers down into the 30's. With drafting maybe 40's. I wonder what the CD on the FEH is?

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote