I had a dream, a nice dream... - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2007, 06:17 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Smile I had a dream, a nice dream...

So I had a dream this morning and wanted to share it as a positive discussion point.

I dreamed that all federal goverment positions had been filled by members of GasSaver.org. The whole shebang, like the House, the Senate, secretary of transportation, defense, president, Vice president et al.

Think of the things that could be accomplished if this dream came to fruition!

We could get the ball rolling on importing higher FE cars, better energy sources, and better driving techniques in the U.S.

Please share what things you think we could accomplish with GasSavers running the government.

ps- Let's keep it on a positive note though, I don't want this to become a rant thread. Thanks!

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:20 AM   #2
*shrug*

I had a dream that facebook's stock had rose suddenly and I should buy some on my fake investment account,

I'm interested to hear what people say though.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:32 AM   #3
Registered Member

I've always said that if I were in a position of power, the first thing I'd do is ban leaf blowers, ICE and electric.

Sorry, that's not automotive related.

Your dream makes me wonder what if GasSavers ran a car company. Sadly, I have a feeling we'd be out of business pretty darned quick.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:34 AM   #4
*shrug*

Oh man, I totally forgot about banning two-strokes. I would so do that first thing.

If we were a car company I think we'd just move to another country...
Old 09-20-2007, 09:49 AM   #5
Registered Member

MetroMPG's comments are exactly why I'd fear a Gas Saver's government in this nation. An immediate ban, yet no alternative way presented. I think that a govt made up of Gas Savers would simply ban what they don't like and the nation would collapse as a result. Ban the ICE? What do you replace it with? Suddenly millions of cars, trains, trucks, construction equipment, planes, ect are no longer allowed to run. This would also shut down generation plants for electricity, which would cut our output by half. Tractors would be shut down. This means that suddenly we have no food, water or electricity in this nation. No emergency services. Nobody working because they can't get to work. Sure, the air would be clean, until people started starving to death. Can you imagine everyone in New York City suddenly having to grow their own food?

No, a Gas Savers government is a thing to fear strictly because they would run pell-mell towards their goals without realizing the consequences of their actions. It would be short-lived too, because it wouldn't take long for the hungry people in DC to go down to the Capitol building and start hanging people by their toes.
Telco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:03 AM   #6
*shrug*

Duh? 4 strokes? I never said the word immediate, either. Certainly give it a year or two for stores and businesses to update their inventory. Let's also consider the current government is working towards a ban on two-strokes.

C'mon now.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:03 AM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
But I believe that there are enough people of varying insights that we could balance and check each other, much like the government does now. Who knows, maybe we'd end up being just like the government is now??? That's scary.

I like the idea about GasSavers being a car company. Hopefully we could be US. based but export our vehicle lineup to Canada, Mexico, and overseas.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:07 AM   #8
Registered Member

1st thing i wood doo as prez iz attak pop groth- eliminate breeder subsideez, put sum edukashun on the ishoo owt ther (attak/refuet ekonomik growth theeree), ect. fewer folx = less strain on everything.

2nd i wood remove rodebloks kurentlee preventing the littel hi FE cars the rest ov the world enjoys from bean imported/bilt hear.

ps 3rd i'yde maek th skoolz teech english an th stoodents wood haf too bee profishent afor they git owt

F150:
New EPA12/14/17

theclencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:27 AM   #9
*shrug*

Isn't it hard to spell that badly?
Old 09-20-2007, 11:29 AM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telco View Post
An immediate ban, yet no alternative way presented. I think that a govt made up of Gas Savers would simply ban what they don't like and the nation would collapse as a result.
Oh yeah... Re: leaf blowers... The leaves piling up everywhere! The chaos, the chaos!

clencher: I'm betting it takes you 2x longer to write that way. It takes me 2x longer to read, anyway.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote