Is anyone really curious as to why Gas prices are so high??? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2008, 03:39 AM   #1
Registered Member

Is anyone really curious as to why Gas prices are so high???

As our currency the "world currency" has depreciated 25-35% in less than a year against other currencies so too have the costs of commodities gone up in similar fashion. I have noticed this and realized that although the gangsters at OPEC are not totally innocent neither is our government nor are we for the ignorance of voting some of these morons into office.

Has anyone else noticed that politicians are everything to everyone? They change their beliefs based on which voters they are in front of at that moment. The only one that I knew of that wasn't like that was Ron Paul but the cheerleading media wouldn't even give him a justified amount of airtime. Now we have to pick from two guys that are just about the same except one is white and one is black. Is this really what our founding fathers had envisioned when they drew up The United States Constitution?

Now that we are realizing that this country is in a recession and quite possibly nearing the second Great Depression maybe far worse than in 1929... maybe now we can get back to producing things instead of importing from third world countries and turning their economies into Dynasty's while the richest 5-20% of Americans sell the U.S. right out from underneath our ever so trusting feet. When can we hit the restart button and become a People that are proud to be Americans whom would prefer to buy American products rather than cheaper foreign products? If we do start actually building and producing again here in America our economy can start to recover.

Meanwhile the middle class have become extinct, so you are either rich or poor. But the Government still says that inflation is only at 3-4%. How is that possible when all of the staples that are needed to keep a family alive are rising at rates in the high double digits. Am I the only one that sees this crap for what it is crap?

Don't try to save because inflation is devaluing your currency at a rate that is impossible for you to make in any Money Market/Savings or Checking Account. So what are our choices as Americans now?

Why is it that the media are still cheerleaders and not reporting the truth as it is happening before our very own eyes? Do these people really know what we the normal people are going through? Do they think that we believe their BS?

Until then I will continue to ride my bicycle with my wife and our baby as much as possible.

Please someone tell me that I am wrong and give me some factual data to back it up.

-Nate

Total Cost w/ equip: $630.00
Gallons of Gas saved: 7.93
Total savings so far@4.06: $32.2

Balance... $597.80
HondaTorneoSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:44 AM   #2
Registered Member

Part of the problem has been that Big american business has been playing a shell game with the american consumer to the point that the consumer has no idea what labor they are supporting with their purchase. GM has been constantly trying to pull the wool over the publics eyes by building cars in mexico and calling them "american made". It's a matter of trust and the big three betrayed that trust a long time ago. I prefer to drive japanize cars and feel no guilt for it. I just wish I could buy the product direct and avoid the "stealerships". I'd have no problem picking up the car on a dock coated in creasote.

friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:07 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaTorneoSiR View Post
As our currency the "world currency" has depreciated 25-35% in less than a year against other currencies so too have the costs of commodities gone up in similar fashion. I have noticed this and realized that although the gangsters at OPEC are not totally innocent neither is our government nor are we for the ignorance of voting some of these morons into office.
Nope, inflation was only 2.4% for all of 2007, down from 2.6% in 2006. If your company gave you a 4% raise this year, they are good guys and very generous.
Quote:

Has anyone else noticed that politicians are everything to everyone? They change their beliefs based on which voters they are in front of at that moment. The only one that I knew of that wasn't like that was Ron Paul but the cheerleading media wouldn't even give him a justified amount of airtime. Now we have to pick from two guys that are just about the same except one is white and one is black. Is this really what our founding fathers had envisioned when they drew up The United States Constitution?
"...a choice of cancer, or polio..." --Mick Jagger
Quote:

Now that we are realizing that this country is in a recession and quite possibly nearing the second Great Depression maybe far worse than in 1929... maybe now we can get back to producing things instead of importing from third world countries and turning their economies into Dynasty's while the richest 5-20% of Americans sell the U.S. right out from underneath our ever so trusting feet. When can we hit the restart button and become a People that are proud to be Americans whom would prefer to buy American products rather than cheaper foreign products? If we do start actually building and producing again here in America our economy can start to recover.
When it becomes cheaper to produce things here rather than import them from China.
Quote:

Meanwhile the middle class have become extinct, so you are either rich or poor. But the Government still says that inflation is only at 3-4%. How is that possible when all of the staples that are needed to keep a family alive are rising at rates in the high double digits. Am I the only one that sees this crap for what it is crap?
Relax. Trust your leaders in Washington. They know what's best.

Quote:

Don't try to save because inflation is devaluing your currency at a rate that is impossible for you to make in any Money Market/Savings or Checking Account. So what are our choices as Americans now?
Our choices are: Watch American Idol. Listen to Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Niel Bortz, Michael Reagan. Watch Fox News. Buy what is advertised.
Quote:

Why is it that the media are still cheerleaders and not reporting the truth as it is happening before our very own eyes? Do these people really know what we the normal people are going through? Do they think that we believe their BS?
Google "Volksempfanger" (there's an umlaut over the a)
Quote:

Until then I will continue to ride my bicycle with my wife and our baby as much as possible.
Probably the best solution: Be glad that you're both healthy enough to do that and keep it up!
Quote:

Please someone tell me that I am wrong and give me some factual data to back it up.

-Nate
Wish I could...but it's been like this for 40+ years that I know of...

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:41 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Has anyone else noticed that politicians are everything to everyone?
Yup.

Quote:
They change their beliefs based on which voters they are in front of at that moment. The only one that I knew of that wasn't like that was Ron Paul but the cheerleading media wouldn't even give him a justified amount of airtime.
Vote for Ron or we'll all be gone! (hehe, just made that up)

Quote:
Now we have to pick from two guys that are just about the same except one is white and one is black.
Not me. I refuse to accept the establishment line that you can only vote for one of the two candidates of the two dominant political parties (which is complete BS). I'll vote for whoever I want. Hell, I can vote for my Great Aunt Doris if I want. Hey Demo-cans and Republi-crats, ever heard of a write-in vote? And then they have the nerve to talk about "throwing away your vote" Ha! I won't be throwing away my vote on one of them.

Quote:
Is this really what our founding fathers had envisioned when they drew up The United States Constitution?
Not so much.

Quote:
Am I the only one that sees this crap for what it is crap?
No, people are gradually waking up.
diver1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:34 PM   #5
Registered Member

Globalization. Supply and demand. Industrialization of China and India. Go read the book "The World Is Flat" by Thomas Friedman.

...and while its good that you're riding your bike, that's an awful lot of complaining from someone with 4 cars...
Old 07-17-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
Registered Member

Just imagine what fuel prices would be if every car on the planet got 60 MPG.

regards
gary
Old 07-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #7
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.D.E. View Post
Just imagine what fuel prices would be if every car on the planet got 60 MPG.

regards
gary
Well, didn't Lee Iacocca say in the 80's that if everyone drove a K car we wouldn't need foreign oil?

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:52 PM   #8
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
If you can come to realize 9/11 was an inside job you can begin to understand the mind$%*! being played on us. The media are controlled by those who orchestrated 9/11 and fabricated the fudge story cover up: the "official story" that most people still seem to buy of "terrorists" being behind the plot who are still being tortured illegally for false confessions. It's called state sponsored false flag terrorism, and it's not new to this country. This ties into why you have two presidential candidates who can be labeled "bought" and "boughter" (rather than dumb and dumber)

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:28 AM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993CivicVX View Post
If you can come to realize 9/11 was an inside job you can begin to understand the mind$%*! being played on us. The media are controlled by those who orchestrated 9/11 and fabricated the fudge story cover up: the "official story" that most people still seem to buy of "terrorists" being behind the plot who are still being tortured illegally for false confessions. It's called state sponsored false flag terrorism, and it's not new to this country. This ties into why you have two presidential candidates who can be labeled "bought" and "boughter" (rather than dumb and dumber)
Really?
Old 07-18-2008, 05:36 AM   #10
Registered Member

Mods,

I was hoping this thread would just die, but since it didn't, can you please move it to the "General discussion" category. It has NOTHING to do with FE.