Little Red Riding Hood, from an engineering point of view - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
I only watched it for Zooey Deschanel but it turned out to be a... kinda funny movie. Parts of it are ridiculously stupid but it has its moments.

Same reason I watched Yes Man and The Happening but those actually turned out to be pretty good movies.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #12
Site Team / Moderator

Relatively speaking my school projects looked cool. I did some animation projects in my senior year of high school (1989) on an Apple IIe. I got many complements on my animation because I spent a lot of time on the details. I remember on my Christmas project I spent 2 weeks just working on the fire in the fireplace, but when I was done I had the most realistic 8 bit fire you'd ever seen...

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:36 PM   #13
Registered Member

Some of my friends did animation work back then, but on Amigas. I stuck to programming the guts of things, which doesn't have much flash to it to anyone who doesn't program as well. Then were the writing projects: two creative writing assignments in four years. They really loved their literary analysis of Greek tragedy and Shakespeare.

Our school didn't have science fairs. Is that common?

Main Entry: co de pen dence - see codependency
co de pen den cy
Pronunciation: \kō-di-ˈpen-dən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Date: 1979

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
GasSavers_maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:51 PM   #14
Site Team / Moderator

I wish we had Amigas, but my school had Apple II's. Being the computer geek I staked out one of the few Apple IIe's with a color monitor as mine on the first day of class. Most of the computers had green monochrome monitors.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:59 PM   #15
Registered Member

I had an Apple II+, then a IIe, and finally a IIgs (that one was totally stillborn). Didn't get an Amiga until college. My friends got them earlier and one of them was a mac guy as well. Did a lot of time on BBS's, where most people had C-64s.

A few years ago when I was applying for a building permit to make some ski condos, a friend of mine threw together a CG version of the building, and I took pictures of the site and the relevant textures. It simulated how it'd look from the road and a couple other angles. Small town board, so they had their socks blown off, even though objectively it wasn't difficult

Main Entry: co de pen dence - see codependency
co de pen den cy
Pronunciation: \kō-di-ˈpen-dən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Date: 1979

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
GasSavers_maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote