Metro 1.3 Test drive - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2006, 04:51 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spule 4
How does that work, the shift linkage is what I am trying to work out remembering what the dashboard layout looks like?
I'm guessing it'd have to be a custom dash or something.

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:21 PM   #12

Oh, I remember the MX-3 well. That was one car I REALLY wanted but just didn't get around to getting. Mainly is because they were pretty rare and the other reason was $$$ back then. I had one brand new car and couldn't afford 2, so I stayed with my shiny new American/JDM spec Suzuki Sidekick. It was American specs but had all the JDM perks, I bought it in Guam. (Sorry to stray OT)

The MX-3 is a COOL car. I like, the Insight mimics its styling quite a bit.

[QUOTE=kickflipjr]200 miles is where I draw the line. There is a MX-3 that I am probally going to look at. I love the look of mx-3s. It like a insight without wheel skirts. (this is not the car, it is just for a comparison).

BumblingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:55 PM   #13
Supporting Member

Wazabi Owner -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazabi Owner
Oh, I remember the MX-3 well. That was one car I REALLY wanted but just didn't get around to getting. Mainly is because they were pretty rare and the other reason was $$$ back then. I had one brand new car and couldn't afford 2, so I stayed with my shiny new American/JDM spec Suzuki Sidekick. It was American specs but had all the JDM perks, I bought it in Guam. (Sorry to stray OT)

The MX-3 is a COOL car. I like, the Insight mimics its styling quite a bit.

The mimic is no coincidence, but that's because the MX-3 is mimicking the CRX. The Mazda MX-3 and Toyota Paseo were bigger fatter "CRX Fighters". Originally, I resented them because they impinged on the "CRX market" and probably prompted the CRX demise. If you notice, the MX-3 copied the CRX's "extra" rear mini-window. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Remember the Paseo? :

Now, what I heard but can't verify is that the Mazda MX-3 platform was later used by Ford for the late 1990's Mercury Cougar :

Now, from a pure aesthetic design POV, I consider the Cougar to be absolute perfection (I would love to meet the designer and shake his/her hand). But ...... the MPG was always below my standards, and I've heard terrible things about the maintenance. Oh well, ho hum, .

God, that cougar's gorgeous,

CarloSW2

EDIT : Found a Paseo picture on the net that will (hopefully) continue to exist ...

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:05 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
I would love to meet the designer and shake his/her hand. But ...... the MPG was always below my standards, and I've heard terrible things about the maintenance.
So .. shake his/her hand , then kickem in the nuts.

onegammyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:50 PM   #15
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
Quote:
Every upper-middle-class, somewhat-spoiled, white, teenaged-girl in my area that has one thinks they're hot **** and drives far worse than I do.

Beware!
The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:31 AM   #16
Registered Member

I knew a guy in school who had a cougar. That thing spent more time on a tow truck than it did under its own power. Then again, if you count the miles that it was dragged I bet it got great FE
Old 11-09-2006, 04:39 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by brick
I knew a guy in school who had a cougar. That thing spent more time on a tow truck than it did under its own power. Then again, if you count the miles that it was dragged I bet it got great FE
I knew a guy who had a cougar. He went in to feed it one day and never came out.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:45 AM   #18
Registered Member

A Cougar is a big cat ,, rather much like this one.
onegammyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:56 AM   #19
Supporting Member

onegammyleg -

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegammyleg
So .. shake his/her hand , then kickem in the nuts.

I'd probably kick the (mechanical?) engineer in the nuts who couldn't translate the design into a reliable car. But, if the engineer had gotten his/her way, the thing wouldn't have been as pretty as it was. If it had gotten good MPG, I might have gone for it anyway with eyes wide shut. Plastic rattling on the interior? That's what used gum is for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The classic "beauty is only skin deep" cliche applies here, *sigh*

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:11 PM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83
Wazabi Owner -

The mimic is no coincidence, but that's because the MX-3 is mimicking the CRX. The Mazda MX-3 and Toyota Paseo were bigger fatter "CRX Fighters". Originally, I resented them because they impinged on the "CRX market" and probably prompted the CRX demise. If you notice, the MX-3 copied the CRX's "extra" rear mini-window. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Remember the Paseo? :

Now, what I heard but can't verify is that the Mazda MX-3 platform was later used by Ford for the late 1990's Mercury Cougar :

Now, from a pure aesthetic design POV, I consider the Cougar to be absolute perfection (I would love to meet the designer and shake his/her hand). But ...... the MPG was always below my standards, and I've heard terrible things about the maintenance. Oh well, ho hum, .

CarloSW2
Ford Mondeo/Contour platform.

I have actually ridden in one of the mythical 4 cylinder automatic cars, a Ford exec I know was "gvien" one, what a perk.....

-Emil Faber
Spule 4 is offline   Reply With Quote