My "new" car in waiting... a 1993 Mitsubishi Galant - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2007, 04:16 PM   #11
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
dont do it

dont

i drive a 92 gallant to work with 140k miles on it and its falling appart. it was very well maintained, but mitsubishi just isnt that great. i have never gotten better than 30mpg. and that is straight 60mph for 5 hours in a 65mph zone. they are trouble and there is a reason you got it for free!

i cant let my wife see this, but the car is probably the only car i really dispise, aside from my first. a 1995 saab 900

Old 05-29-2007, 06:15 PM   #12
Registered Member

Well, I just found out it is actually a 1994 model.

It looks exactly like this one, color and all.

Quote:
dont do it

dont

i drive a 92 gallant to work with 140k miles on it and its falling appart. it was very well maintained, but mitsubishi just isnt that great. i have never gotten better than 30mpg. and that is straight 60mph for 5 hours in a 65mph zone. they are trouble and there is a reason you got it for free!
Don't do what? Don't take the free car? If I could get this car to last from 66k to 140k miles for only a few hundred dollars (the price required to fix it back up), I'm absolutely going to take it. My car right now would never even get close to 30 mpg, even on highway drives. The best I've been able to get out of it where I live is 21 - 23 mpg.

Besides, I'm only planning on driving it for one or two years until I can get a substantial car.

edit: mine also has a spoiler

atomicradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:47 PM   #13
|V3|2D

do what you want, the only reason i am keeping nikkis old car is because i havent found a steal on something i will be happy with. if your ok with that then go ahead an jump in my boat, but i am warning you, i have never loathed another car more.

out of curiosity where was the car primarily driven?
Old 05-29-2007, 07:30 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared View Post
do what you want, the only reason i am keeping nikkis old car is because i havent found a steal on something i will be happy with. if your ok with that then go ahead an jump in my boat, but i am warning you, i have never loathed another car more.

out of curiosity where was the car primarily driven?
Savannah Georgia.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:36 PM   #15
Registered Member

lol i love those little useles spoilers on fwd cars....

yea my dad bought a 86 celebrity for $100 and gets bewteen 26-27 around town. its a 4cyl auto. looks liek absolute crap but half runs(my lawnmower sounds smoother) and hes put maybe another $100 in parts for it. if its a car just to get you from work to back and you dont plan to have it long, id say drive it till it blows then sell it for cheap or before it blows trade it in, maybe enough for a down payment.(prolyl not but maybe)
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:40 PM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
lol i love those little useles spoilers on fwd cars....

yea my dad bought a 86 celebrity for $100 and gets bewteen 26-27 around town. its a 4cyl auto. looks liek absolute crap but half runs(my lawnmower sounds smoother) and hes put maybe another $100 in parts for it. if its a car just to get you from work to back and you dont plan to have it long, id say drive it till it blows then sell it for cheap or before it blows trade it in, maybe enough for a down payment.(prolyl not but maybe)
My mom had a celebrity station wagon years ago. She said it drove like crap, and apparently the wagon got really poor FE.

She said she felt like a boat captain trying to steer it. So much for responsive handling... lol

Old 05-31-2007, 06:50 PM   #17
|V3|2D

you will do better with that car than i will with my wifes ex-car. the northeast made it rust pretty bad.

congrats on a free car, i have to admit i posted after only reading the title and not knowing it was free, then i edited the post later.

just be smart with it and dont put too much $ into it.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:37 PM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicradish View Post
My mom had a celebrity station wagon years ago. She said it drove like crap, and apparently the wagon got really poor FE.

She said she felt like a boat captain trying to steer it. So much for responsive handling... lol
i dunno the engine is noisy but it gets up and goes when it wants to. shifts at good points, doesnt downshift unecesarry. rofl how can you have trouble steering it? i can turn ours with just my pinky finger (ive tried) while parked. maybe yours was in bad mechanical condition.

now the car that ive driven that has the most annoying steering in the world is my moms 97 tarus. so light to turn. i swear i could turn the car by blowing on the wheel. geez down the highway you put a penny on one side of the wheel it would turn it. it has no resistance whatsoever. what wonder people oversteer in a skid nowadays

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote