Ninja Warrior (Sasuke) - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-09-2007, 09:42 AM   #1

Ninja Warrior (Sasuke)

Any of you out there get G4 channel? Digital cable? Bueller?

The show Ninja Warrior (or Sasuke for those who know Japanese) starts with 100 contestants who try to make it through the first part of a four part obstacle course. Nearly all of the contestants are eliminated at this stage. Those that make it go on to attempt the last three stages. To date only two people (that I have heard of) have completed all the stages. To see a YouTube video of how crazy this is, check out Makoto Nagano completing courses 2-4 (he's one of the guys to win).

Anyhow, a guy I know (Chris) and his roommate decided they were tired of being lazy drunks and have taken on the challenge of training for one year and then trying out for the show. They have started a website to track their progress. They're hoping to generate some publicity for sponsorships and they already have some local media outlets lined up for interviews.

I say more power to them - I don't think there is any way I could do something like this. Here's a link to their site:

www.roadtoninjawarrior.com

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:47 PM   #2
Supporting Member

my goal is to do a triathalon in the next 2 years

Old 08-28-2007, 04:57 AM   #3
Registered Member

We don't have cable TV at home, but we watched cable on vacation last week. We finally got to see Ninja Warrior. We are obsessed with it now. Nagano makes it look way too easy... I have told the kids that I am going to enter for my 40th birthday, so we are trying to figure out ways to practice at home.

Our favorite part, besides watching the studly dudes do great and the nutcases do badly, is the captions for the Japanese announcer. The ones to the dancer competing in the thong were out of control.

I wish that there were more episodes on YouTube so we could watch at home. My b-i-l likes it too, so maybe we can get him to DVR it and go watch it with him...
Old 08-28-2007, 05:02 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey4mnhs View Post
my goal is to do a triathalon in the next 2 years
Sounds fun. I can't get excited about swimming or biking. Or running really, since my knee got wacked the last time I decided that I was a runner. But, I like hiking and I hiked a marathon last December. And I like rollerblading, so I am going to skate a marathon once the weather cools off a bit. So, in between my Ninja Warrior training I am going to skate a bunch too.