Police Problems - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2006, 10:36 PM   #21
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
I don't figure I'm a 'bad boy' either, but the police would say otherwise given the activities I like to partake in, even though I've never harmed anyone. Our lives are far too regulated by the state. 130 mph, through God's green country, when no one is looking, nary a car, person, or home in sight for miles? How about a little homeade explosives, for some fun on the weekend, detonating them out in God's green country, sneaking into thickets of woods down dirt roads with the headlights off? Ponch and John would have me thrown in jail, for no better reason than that the 'law' says so, even if the only person I'm posing any risk of harm to is myself. This is not only unreasonable, it is untenable.

Would we end the war on drugs, war on terror, and other nanny state and pork programs, we wouldn't have a 'need' for near as many cops. Crime would drop. These 'wars' are wars against the American people, with the police being called to execute them.

The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:47 AM   #22
Supporting Member

Silveredwings -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredwings
I don't think arrogant cops bring much undeserved hatred on themselves. All cops aren't bad, but I never see them cleaning up their ranks unless their crimes are WAY over the top.
Bingo. Not all cops are bad, but when I get pulled over, I have to assume that it is that 5% (or more) of bad cop that I am dealing with. Because the thing is, it's not just the bad cop. It's the other cops that protect the bad cop, and then it's the lawyers and judges that believe the bad cop. The damage one bad cop can inflict on so many innocent lives is enormous, because the institutions above operate on the assumption that he or she is the good cop.

Good cop, bad cop? They're all bad cops me when they pull me over, and not just because they pulled me over.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:28 AM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakster
A ticket for what? Speeding? If the officer didn't see it with his/her own two eyes, they had no right to do that. I'd definitely fight that one in court if I was your father.
I personally think they witnessed the whole hit and run. There was 2 of them. I mean the truck hit and runs him and my dad moved over the pedestrian crossing to go after the guy and bam sirens go on.

My parents went to the police station to report the 2 cops. The cops said they didn't nothing wrong. My parents can't prove anything because we didn't have any video footage or witnesses. Besides what witness idiot is going to report 2 cops. Maybe if it happened in front of a lot of people then the cops wouldn't be dicking around.

The reason the majority is scared of the cops is because the cops have guns and tazers and cops are almost always right, unless you got some video proof and/or a lot of witnesses.

I personally think that all police officers that are on duty should wear a camera on thier shoulder. I don't like being harassed and I bet a lot of other people don't like being harassed either. The camera doesn't lie.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:30 AM   #24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete86
Have any of you ever been pulled over by a cop who thought that you were stoned?
No , but I dont look like a reefer addict.
onegammyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 04:22 AM   #25
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
I personally think that all police officers that are on duty should wear a camera on thier shoulder. I don't like being harassed and I bet a lot of other people don't like being harassed either. The camera doesn't lie.
Somehow, they'll always use it to their personal advantage. If anyone knows how to cheat the system, it's dirty cops.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:42 AM   #26
Registered Member

I think this ¨harassment¨ is taught psycology.
If a cop asked politely ¨Exscuse me SIR ,sorry to bother you , but would you by any chance have any illegal firearms in your possesion ?¨ --- I realy dont think too many criminal would reply ¨Sure do - and a kilo of crack as well¨
onegammyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:05 AM   #27
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegammyleg
I think this ?harassment? is taught psycology.
If a cop asked politely ?Exscuse me SIR ,sorry to bother you , but would you by any chance have any illegal firearms in your possesion ?? --- I realy dont think too many criminal would reply ?Sure do - and a kilo of crack as well?
Assertiveness and professionalism never necessitate arrogance. The only purpose for arrogance is to put up a smoke screen for incompetence. No exception. Anytime I see arrogance, I know incompetence is extremely close by.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:39 AM   #28
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Palmer
I cannot say a very strong affinity for the Polizi. I do believe that you will find that most everyone on this website has had experience's similar to this,

they seem like they don't pull over the folks who are driving hazardously but they seem to catch up to me on some issues which are pretty minor and then they are largely not particularly nice about it.

I wouldn't take it to personal, I think they are just doing what they've been told to do, I guess.
Agree, agree, but let's be fair! Would you want their job? At every turn, you might be blasted away! As an aside, I'll just mention my younger brother just retired (25 yrs.) from the NC highway patrol (as a trooper), and the stories he would tell! Chill your blood!
And...let's face it ... what a nightmare world we would live in without 'em! I rest my case....-Ted Hart
Ted Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:53 AM   #29
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red91sit
ever just slam on the brakes because of a dog? hehe they can't really cite you for it can they?
Dog? How about pigs?LOL! I know what you're saying...I just turn right as soon as possible (don't irritate THEM!).
Ted Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:11 PM   #30
Registered Member

I'm not going to do anything stupid but I'll never help a cop.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote