Police Problems - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2006, 10:17 AM   #1
Registered Member

Police Problems

Have any of you ever been pulled over by a cop who thought that you were stoned? I was driving last night at about 10:30pm and I realized that there was a pig tailgating me as I was accelerating very slowly from a red light. I got up to speed (still 15mph below the speed limit) and the non-elected authority figure was still there. He continued to follow me for abou5t another mile before finally passing me. I realized soon after that with the slow acceleration and low top speed, he must have thought that I was stoned out of my mind. Has anyone else here had any problems with them??

repete86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:30 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
I got clocked at 50 in a 35 going 40 on cruize control with Long hair in a Bright Yellow rusty VW Rabbit at midnight for absofreekinglootly no reason. Sometimes they just want to talk to somebody. Sometimes they want you to go faster so they can pull you over for speeding. BTW I went to coart pleaded not guilty and had it dismissed on a good driving record - the only reason that an offense can be dismissed. The cop was so close to me that I couldn't see his lights on top in my rear view mirror.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:37 AM   #3
Registered Member

ugh. cops.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:01 AM   #4
Registered Member

At least you're not this guy. No ID? You get tased!
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:02 AM   #5
Registered Member

I got popped by a cop on SR-310 in Ohio years ago in a car with yellow headlights and Paris (France) drive out tags on the car.....no papers, and no VIN in the windshield, I was about 18 at the time. He let me go, it was Thanksgiving and I don't think he wanted to mess with me or the car at 1:00 AM....

-Emil Faber
Spule 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:19 AM   #6
Registered Member

I cannot say a very strong affinity for the Polizi. I do believe that you will find that most everyone on this website has had experience's similar to this, where they dog you because your driving slowely and their eyeballing the car to see if their's any reason they can pull you over, to grill you.

I know that if their were a problem I'd want to have one around, but aside from that, they seem like they don't pull over the folks who are driving hazardously but they seem to catch up to me on some issues which are pretty minor and then they are largely not particularly nice about it. It's more like getting interigated than any sincere interest in improving safety.

I think maybe because of my experience's, I drive in a guilty manner or I look guilty or act guilty, or something. In any case, I wouldn't take it to personal, I think they are just doing what they've been told to do, I guess.
Gary Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfbyobbq
At least you're not this guy. No ID? You get tased!
I saw that this morning...very hard to watch/hear.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:41 AM   #8
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Wow that guy at at UCLA man you can't stand up after being tazed what were those cops thinking that was torchure if they use it more than once.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:59 AM   #9
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Bad pigs! No donut.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:45 PM   #10
Registered Member

I like our town for that reason, our last sheriff was Dixlecic. He only wrote about 3 tickets a year. He had to write the entitre thing backwards, so it would take a ridiculously long time.

Also, on quieter nights, I'll see both cops sitting at the end of main street waiting for a speeder or a call-in. This means there are NO police in the rest of the town so Fuel efficint driving is perfectly safe. I can have the vehicle turned off for 1/2 my trip! (large hill) Also means no use of the brakes are required for sharp corners, just gotta late apex them to scrub off a bit of speed.