Return of the king!!!... sort of - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-16-2006, 11:53 AM   #21
Registered Member

Re: OH NO< MORE SNOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroXFI
So, much for the 'spring time weather' here just north of Philadelphia, Pa. Got cold and windy. Snow in the forcast for tommorow morning. Can tell already (at half tank of fuel) that my mileage isn't anywhere near last tank.
I assume it's all cars and not just the Metros that really just do NOT like the cold. I think it may be a 10mpg+ difference for me. I will know in a day or so when I fill up. (Don't have the benefits of OBDII Scangauge capabilities).
What differences in MPG do everyone else experience from approx 60F to 20F-30F???
Is it as drastic as mine???
I just posted in this thread a few days ago that mine went from 60 MPG down to 53.5 MPG, or 11%.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:25 PM   #22
Registered Member

Re: Canadian Rockies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
Doing the rental car analysis will be interesting with the Litres per Kilometer and the price differential
no worries about having to deal with L/KM or any such nonsense. you're going to alberta - canada's "texas" (oil & cowboys). cowboys don't talk in L/100 km! but you will have to translate from imperial MPG to US MPG....

have fun!

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:24 AM   #23
FE nut

It's about time!

I finally broke 40 mpg! I filled up today and got 41.87 mpg. :-) With winter crapoline going away and summer blend coming, it should be going higher yet.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:31 AM   #24
Driving on E

Re: It's about time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry
I finally broke 40 mpg! I filled up today and got 41.87 mpg. :-) With winter crapoline going away and summer blend coming, it should be going higher yet.
The challenge is on! My spot on the top ten of the gaslog is slipping (I'm #10 right now).

I WILL get back around #5...

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:39 AM   #25
FE nut

Quote:The challenge is on!

Quote:
The challenge is on! My spot on the top ten of the gaslog is slipping (I'm #10 right now).
Bring it on! I just heard that my cylinder head is at the machine shop and should be bach in a couple of weeks. It'a going to come back .040" thinner with some other things done to it as well. It should be installed in the next 3-5 weeks. I'm predicting I'll be somewhere in the top 3. *knocks on head and crosses fingers*

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:28 AM   #26
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
Re: On Saturday my Pt Crusier

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasia
On Saturday my Pt Crusier said it was 78 degrees. I had to turn the air conditioner on low in the car it was such a heat wave. The 36 hours later or so it was 20 degrees. Typical IOWA
Which reminds me.... Those of us with AC should turn in on during the winter for at least 10 minutes each month. Keeps the system bearings and seals lubed up. Personally I don't use AC, but since my car has it, I plan on keeping it functional for possible resale. Otherwise I could lose like 50-100lbs I would guess.
I've never had working A/C in a car, and never wished that it worked, even when it's 100F out my car stays pretty cool, my civic vx came with A/C but it had a leak so I took it out, at least part of it out, all the under hood parts of the A/C are gone, 28 pounds of compresser, evaporator, and tubing, the in-car condensor should be another 5 pounds but invalves taking appart some under dash stuff.
the big advantage I found with removing the A/C is how much more space there is under the hood.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:53 AM   #27

Re: It's about time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion

I WILL get back around #5...
HF transmission going in within the month...I hope to at least be back on the top 10 with that...

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote