Rex-O-Saurus Maintenance - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2007, 03:23 PM   #11
Registered Member

for stubborn crank bolts I used the socket/breaker bar combo. see what way the crank turns when starting/running. stop Eng, put socket/breaker bar on bolt with the bar leaning on the frame opposite of the crank pulley revolution. tap the key and (if the breaker bar doesn't fall off) it usually loosens the bolt right up. My first battle was my 72 olds 350. i had so much torque on the crank the car was almost lifting off the ground, after most of the day battling that one bolt my uncle told me the crank trick, it worked instantly.

ffvben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:14 PM   #12
Registered Member

Yeah, that could work if it doesn't destroy the starter first. I stupidly hydro-locked the original engine in my first CRX and then snapped the starter's pinion shaft trying to start an engine with a broken connecting rod.

GasSavers_bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:33 PM   #13
Registered Member

lol ok cold weather+non warmed up carb engine=horrid...lol tonight it was 19*F an di couldnt get up this hill from a stopsign! i had to roll about 200 feet backwards, satrt it and then gun it up the hill and blow thru the sign! and earlier today i was goin to school(fully warm engine) and the stupid accelerator got stuck. pushed in the clutch and rpm's shot up to 3K. tried to snap the throttle but made it jump up higher. lol so i had to turn of the engine and coast aroudn a cornner to pull over and of course when i checked the cable and carb there was nothign wrong....im thinking the cruise control decided to go bonkers again. it doesnt work in cold weather(old vaccum controlled cruise from the 70's)

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote