Share your road rage stories! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-20-2007, 06:14 PM   #1

Share your road rage stories!

thought i'd start this thread since a funny incident happened to me at work the other day. I drive a truck, I was on a two lane highway with a wide shoulder doing about the speed limit (55). All of the sudden this kid with the biggest set of buck teeth i've seen in a long time blows by me in the shoulder turns his head looks at me and gives me the one finger salute.

dletm08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:13 PM   #2
Registered Member

lol i have one, i was commin up a steep hill(prolly liek a 15% grade) and i satarted off at the bottom at a dead stop almost. ok picture this: a chevette with 3 people in it, a huge piece of scrap wood and a 10 ft pipe goign from the back end out the front window a foot

ok got that picture?
now im putting along in 2nd gear goign about 15mph(woudlnt go any faster) theres about 4 cars behind me. i noticed a red blazer tailgaiting me and kinda moving over and swerving (liek if i were on a 2 lane road and he was about to pass, but sicne this beeing a hill its no passing) but anyways i get to the top and im goin the speed limit of 30, the blazer is kidna back there but not as close. i gte to a stop sign and start to take off and the blazer just guns it around me in a no passign zone. me knowign thers usualyl a cop around that area i just lay on my airhorns(130 db of air horn fun) the whole tiem he was passing me hopign to gte a cops attention. but no there wasnt. so the next stop sign which he stops and i coem up behind him and lay on the horn some more. he gets pissed and get sout of his car.

anothe rmental image: imaginge colnel sanders in a flannel buton up shirt

ok he gets out and says: do you have a problem with the way im driving?

i reply uhh yea, you pased me ina to passign zone, speeding, tailgating, crossing over the doubel yellow.

he says well you were driving like a grandma!

i say, wel i cant its a chevette! it wont go any faster

his response was wellpush it

and he got back in and left...
lol some people are just dumb as hell. i know when im 60 years old and i see 3 college kids in a car i dont think i would have stopped and got out...i wish there was a damn cop nearby...(never around when ya need em...)

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:45 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to ajohnmeyer
I've gotten more road rage on a bike than I could ever recount to you all. But my favorite has to be the time that I was going through a light, immediately followed by another light (40 feet later) at which I had to make a left turn.
So before the first light I took the lane, with a big chevy 3/4 ton truck coming up behind me. In the 40 feet between lights I can EASILY outpace a normal car when I'm on my bike, but this truck driver lays on the gas and tries to cut around me on my right. In the interest of not being flattened I lay on my air horn (115db) and then let him pass. As we both stop at the next light he rolls down his window yelling "Git Ye'r bike outta the way uv the Traffic!"
Without hesitation I yell back "I AM TRAFFIC, JACK@$$!)

In his rear view mirror I can see he's trying really hard to think of something to yell back, seconds later he defeatedly rolls up his window.

Team OPEC Busters!
ajohnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:35 PM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to trebuchet03
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnmeyer View Post
I've gotten more road rage on a bike than I could ever recount to you all. But my favorite has to be the time that I was going through a light, immediately followed by another light (40 feet later) at which I had to make a left turn.
So before the first light I took the lane, with a big chevy 3/4 ton truck coming up behind me. In the 40 feet between lights I can EASILY outpace a normal car when I'm on my bike, but this truck driver lays on the gas and tries to cut around me on my right. In the interest of not being flattened I lay on my air horn (115db) and then let him pass. As we both stop at the next light he rolls down his window yelling "Git Ye'r bike outta the way uv the Traffic!"
Without hesitation I yell back "I AM TRAFFIC, JACK@$$!)
Ahh, you totally beat me too it... I've got a similar story, except I didn't have a horn and I didn't get the opportunity to confront.... Basically this girl absolutely HAD to get in front of me within 20 feet of a left turn. I was was going too fast for her to pass in time (I thought she was going straight) and she damn near collided with me while I was in the middle of my turn.

I particularly like it when driver's ride in the road connected MUP intentionally... I REALLY like it when you cut into the path while making a right turn - I've slapped the sides a few cars (with my hands, not bike - to freak them out that they're about to hit someone).

Bike Miles (Begin Aug. 20 - '07): ~433.2 miles

11/12
trebuchet03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:16 PM   #5
Registered Member

don't know about road rage, but the following WAS rage:

while parked out back of a restaurant making a delivery, i walk around front 'cause the customer is late. to pass time, i read the newspaper thru the window of the newstand. there's a bench near the door that becomes significant later.

so, i'm reading away, when i hear squeeling of tires. i turn around to see an out of control car jump the curb and head staight for me. as i watch and think seemingly in slow motion, i realize this IS real and action is needed for self preservation, NOW!

before i realize it, the car is almost on me. now i'm trapped by the bench and building unless i want to hollywood the car(roll over it). at the last moment i jump over the bench as the car plows into it, wedging it against the building preventing it(the car) from going thru the front door.

rage may be a slight understatement. if you're wondering: a little lady stalled and was not strong enough to steer or brake.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 06:58 PM   #6
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to ajohnmeyer
treb: you should really look into an air-horn if you have a water bottle bracket to spare. It sounds like you ride enough that it would be useful. I think it's the best $25 I've spent on cycling-related gear. Makes dogs and unattentive drivers stop in their tracks it's pretty funny how effective it is sometimes. Thankfully (or sadly, depending on your view) I haven't had as many opportunities to use it since I moved to California.

Team OPEC Busters!
ajohnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 07:45 PM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to trebuchet03
Quote:
treb: you should really look into an air-horn if you have a water bottle bracket to spare. It sounds like you ride enough that it would be useful. I think it's the best $25 I've spent on cycling-related gear. Makes dogs and unattentive drivers stop in their tracks it's pretty funny how effective it is sometimes. Thankfully (or sadly, depending on your view) I haven't had as many opportunities to use it since I moved to California.
I've been considering it - I've put together a few pennies to buy a 'bent, so depending on what's leftover, this is probably prime opportunity acquire things like that

Although, I took apart a small air horn - and am considering making it a rechargeable one

Bike Miles (Begin Aug. 20 - '07): ~433.2 miles

11/12
trebuchet03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:32 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
that is funny. air horns on a golf course, that's a riot. Jacka$$ the movie.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 05:11 PM   #9

Yesterday I had a guy cut in front of me while he was passing 5 cars on a 2 lane road. He had 2 more to go until he was "home free" but an oncoming car stopped him. I was essentially drafting the van in front of me leaving very little room, maybe a car length as I did just close the gap to increase the gap behind me for him to get in there. He decided to CUT IN FRONT OF ME!!! I was fuming at this clearly stupid act. The whole time the wife is telling me to "let it go". In the end, I kept calm - made a mental note of the vehicle and "let him go" as if I see him driving the same way again I'm calling the cops. Of course this is the reason I don't technically own a gun, wife says I have a bit of temper. She also says Friday the 13th is a very bad day and won't leave the house so that alone sometimes makes her credibility a wash. I do still have BB guns and haven't shot out any windows in 20+ years.

BumblingB is offline   Reply With Quote