Shatto goes on drugs - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
Registered Member

Shatto goes on drugs

No. Not the kind of drugs that make the Jeep (above) look like it is on LSD (below)

Refugee from a Batman Movie?

This year has been uncomfortable.

Except for a massive dose of Ibuprofen, 1,200MG, to knock down the oncoming migraine headache as it starts, I take no drugs at all.
I've been secretly smug, comparing against my sister and brother in-law who have had to use cocktails of various prescriptions multiple times a day, just like sickly old people.
I have had arthritic pain in my thumbs for some time now, that will occasionally cause a sharp, shooting pain, reminiscent of red-hot nails inserted in the joint. I live with that because it is episodic.

But this year aches and pains have grown steadily stronger, to where I noticed myself grunting and groaning each time I get up from bed or a chair and exit my truck, and I realized that it was because of the serious tightness and soreness in the tendons and joints. Seems odd that I would stiffen-up so as I am in and out of Clyde the Ride and I heft a fair amount of weight on a pretty regular basis, over 1,000 lbs yesterday. Maybe I need a more rounded exercise program.

Anyway, I suddenly remembered the old prescription for Naproxen 500MG (Aleve) and added it to the pill box with the vitamins. A couple days and now I feel pain free.

Judy just did her Mister Spock and gave a Mona Lisa smile. Wives are like that.

623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:04 AM   #2
Registered Member

Re: Shatto goes on drugs

you're just treating the symptoms, but i realize pain is a powerful motivator. if you were younger, i'd suggest some natural remedies that are both long term and permanent fixes.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #3
Registered Member

a condensed lesson on arthritis and similar ailments...http://www.maximizedliving.com/Home/...g-an-itis.aspx
Old 04-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
Registered Member

I have chronic back pain and am on some pretty strong narcotic pain relievers which don't relieve all the pain, but I also started taking 1500mg Glucosamine and 1200mg Chondroitin a day a couple years ago and it helped relieve a lot of the pain and stiffness. I buy it at Walmart for about $40. for 170 days supply. I've recommended it to a few other people with arthritis and chronic pain and it also helped them. If you decide to try it they claim it can take up to 2-3 months to start helping, but in my case I could tell a difference after a couple weeks. I recommended it to one lady who has arthritis in her hands and she also saw an improvement within a few weeks.
#47 on my way to #1
Ford Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #5
Registered Member

I tried Glucosamine/Chondroitin and began hurting all over. Seriously hurting. Good thing for return policies
623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatto View Post
I tried Glucosamine/Chondroitin and began hurting all over. Seriously hurting. Good thing for return policies
I know it doesn't help some people, but you're the first one I've ever heard of having negative side effects from using it.
#47 on my way to #1
Ford Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:11 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatto View Post
Maybe I need a more rounded exercise program.
after "returning" to the gym after many years of boycott, it seems the aches and pains come less frequently for me. i too have a physically demanding job.

in addition to exercise, don't forget about nutrition and rest! also, some would like to leave stretching out of the exercise routine...DON'T!