Should I be banned? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Should I be banned?
Yes 7 24.14%
No 4 13.79%
I like turtles. 18 62.07%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2008, 08:53 PM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
i dunno catbus > turtle...

From Burning Man 2005

No, it wasn't mine...

No, I wasn't there (found this on the web).

Maybe one of these years I'll go...

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #12
Registered Member

If i remember correctly the "Surplus" was a magical number changed almost daily using the then economy as a model and projected many years into the future of continued growth. Even the media was laughing at this because the administration kept changing it so often. We will never get there because congress will not lower their spending because we are the golden geese that keeps giving them the gold. Every thing they spend was earned by some one else. We keep electing the same people and expect different results. How can it be changed?

1cheap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #13
Registered Member

So from the distress signal to ....

???
ruh roh.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:08 PM   #14
Site Team / Moderator

Hey... Not everyone knows a 50's era school desk can protect you from a nuclear bomb.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:36 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
Hey... Not everyone knows a 50's era school desk can protect you from a nuclear bomb.

-Jay
like most things, they were built much better then the desks of today.
BBsGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:55 AM   #16
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to suspendedhatch
I clicked "yes". Did I get it wrong?

I don't know how the flag came up. Was that in your sig before I got to this thread? Anyway, this is how I see the issue of flag burning.

Did you hear recently that a guy in Russia got arrested by the cops, shot in the head, and dumped out of the car because he had a website that complained about the cops? I think that we have a good thing going here with what we call freedom. I can talk all the crap I want and no one is going to send the cops to cap me and dump me out of a moving vehicle. There not supposed to, anyway. They did it to TuPac, but that was an exception to the rule. In any case, I can think of no better way of demonstrating freedom, the freedom that many people have fought and died for, or campaigned for, or protested for; than burning the flag and NOT getting arrested or shot dead. That's what freedom is. Burning the flag represents freedom.

It's an icon. You shouldn't give it any sacred value. Burn the ****ing thing and think of all the people that made that possible.

Civic VX, D15Z7, 5 Speed LSD, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO, AEM Twin Fire, Distributor-less, Waste Spark
suspendedhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:12 AM   #17
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
i like tawtles too
Old 09-05-2008, 08:52 PM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspendedhatch View Post
I clicked "yes". Did I get it wrong?

I don't know how the flag came up. Was that in your sig before I got to this thread? Anyway, this is how I see the issue of flag burning.

Did you hear recently that a guy in Russia got arrested by the cops, shot in the head, and dumped out of the car because he had a website that complained about the cops? I think that we have a good thing going here with what we call freedom. I can talk all the crap I want and no one is going to send the cops to cap me and dump me out of a moving vehicle. There not supposed to, anyway. They did it to TuPac, but that was an exception to the rule. In any case, I can think of no better way of demonstrating freedom, the freedom that many people have fought and died for, or campaigned for, or protested for; than burning the flag and NOT getting arrested or shot dead. That's what freedom is. Burning the flag represents freedom.

It's an icon. You shouldn't give it any sacred value. Burn the ****ing thing and think of all the people that made that possible.
Sadly, the arrest of journalists in a private residence in Minneapolis prior to the RNC this last week for no other reason than suspiscion of organizing a protest and intending to video tape it, smacks of a police state. They literally knocked on the door. Peaked inside, then stormed the place without probable cause of anything, handcuffed the occupants and detained them without providing cause - THEN they obtained a warrant hours later to search for something that they already knew did not exist. Freedom?? Not in Minnesota anyway.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:20 PM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post

-Jay
Actually, it was to protect you from the broken glass when the windows get blown in. Of course, you have to have the time to push all the desks together and get under them. (JoeBob remembers fondly playing with the girls under the desks during air-raid drills...)

Our '50s era desks (and they really were '50s era...my school was built in '56, and it was about 4 years old when I started going there) WERE pretty substantial. Writing surface inch thick with masonite top, then pressed steel underframe with cubbyholes for books and stuff. Heavy steel legs with flat, slidey feet. Pushed pretty easy over polished linoleum floor when we pushed them together.

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:40 PM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
So from the distress signal to ....

???
ruh roh.
ROFLMAO!