So I got a new job... - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-27-2006, 10:46 AM   #11
Registered Member

sounds like a production line of repeititve work, either or the close location is great i'd definiatley scooter there all the time screw the car.

Old 05-27-2006, 06:41 PM   #12
Registered Member

I biked ther today for kicks. It took me 11minuets. There is a 225ft vertical climb according to google earth. On the way back I hit 36mph (thrilling). That is a good way to end a day at work.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 07:35 PM   #13
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickflipjr
I biked ther today for kicks. It took me 11minuets. There is a 225ft vertical climb according to google earth. On the way back I hit 36mph (thrilling). That is a good way to end a day at work.
sweet. its kinda cool that its down hill after a hard days work.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:52 AM   #14
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to mtbiker278
Congrats on the new job!

I also got a new job working for a biotech company called Medimmune. Seems like a good place. They make vaccines and treatments for infectious diseases and cancer patients. I'll be working in the manufacturing development part of the clinical trials production facility.

The best part is my commute is cut down from 60mi round trip to about 5mi round trip. I might have to start biking assuming it's not hot as hell outside, although today was like 95.
mtbiker278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:10 PM   #15
Registered Member

I'd never bike, people on bikes get hit too easy. For instance, I was pulling out the driveway today and almost hit a hot asian chick on a bike. Her face was a 10 and her body was a 10. She almost had a heart attack, she took one long breath and continued riding her bike. She looked like 18-21. So wait what were we talking about??? Oh yea, riding on bikes is dangerous.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:13 PM   #16
*shrug*

Poor girl, her left is almost ended and then she's objectified online. Anyway, I know personally one girl who was ejected from a car in a wreck, but no one who'se had a bike injury.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:15 PM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Poor girl, her left is almost ended and then she's objectified online. Anyway, I know personally one girl who was ejected from a car in a wreck, but no one who'se had a bike injury.
left ROFL

Seriously I should of hit her(touched her with my car), I would of taken her to the ER or my room to fix any injuries.

Old 05-30-2006, 03:52 PM   #18
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to mtbiker278
I usually don't have a problem riding my bike in traffic, at least at local traffic speeds. When I borrow my dad's road bike I can easily do 30mph with traffic.

As for the girl, I've done that too almost. I lived near the sororities during my last three yeras of college. You would thing that was a good thing, but not so much. They usually had a "dear in headlights" response to on-coming traffic
mtbiker278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:08 PM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbiker278
I usually don't have a problem riding my bike in traffic, at least at local traffic speeds. When I borrow my dad's road bike I can easily do 30mph with traffic.

As for the girl, I've done that too almost. I lived near the sororities during my last three yeras of college. You would thing that was a good thing, but not so much. They usually had a "dear in headlights" response to on-coming traffic
I was in Santa Barbra on Sunday and they had some kind of a sororitie thing where chicks were a 2 piece bathing suit but didn't wear the top. There were like 15 of them. I tried to chase them down in the car but my alcoholic cousin wanted to finish up the beer. When we got there where they ran to they were gone. You know after a situation like that(almost getting hit by a car) chicks get turned on, that's when you should make a move.

Old 05-30-2006, 04:58 PM   #20
*shrug*

Compaq, I suggest you calm down with your pursuit of women. It is plently possible to meet them without chasing them down the street like a banshee and endangering their (and others') lives.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote