Stupid drivers - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
Stupid drivers

I rest my case.

Her car(she made a left in front of me without looking).

My car. (front-end collision at ~45mph and my airbags did NOT deploy, go Suzuki!)
Also, note the lack of crumple zones.

The reason I couldn't even push the car out of the street with ease.

Well, so much for the 2 months of data logging I'd done for the HHO testing.

My neck hurt pretty badly starting about 15 minutes after the crash but after about three days it's back to normal again. Other than that everyone was okay.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
Registered Member

glad you're ok!

i'd recommend anyone that has been in a collision to see a chiropractor. with neck pain, i'd TELL a loved one.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Well, at least you won't have a 4 cylinder engine anymore.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:52 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Well, at least you won't have a 4 cylinder engine anymore.
Maybe. So far, Subaru has the only vehicle I can find that meets what i'm looking for.

Something either AWD or RWD, 25k or under WITH upgraded sound system(sound system is an absolute must) and lastly, a turbo-4 or better. I can live with another regular 4 banger if the rest of the items are there.

The Fusion can be had fully loaded for under 25k with a v6 and AWD but i don't care for the car that much. Others I'm looking at are the Mazda CX7(will have to talk the dealer down) and the Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium.

I'd prefer a crossover or small SUV but finding what i want in anything is hard enough...

Any ideas?

**EDIT** Also, the SX4 from Suzuki is 100% out. The tracker had the same gutless 4 banger that car has and I don't think I'll ever buy another Suzuki, parts are just too hard to get and when you get them they are expensive.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:03 PM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Jeep Patriot AWD with upgraded sound ought to come in less than $25k, but I'm not sure if that's with the V6. The 4 banger is a respectable but not powerful 170hp. Transmission choices are CVT or 5 speed, but the 5 speed might not be available on upgraded models...
Old 12-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #6
Registered Member

lol wondered what a rust free car looks like :P
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:35 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjones96 View Post
My neck hurt pretty badly
I was in a crash a few years ago. My neck felt fine that day, but didn't hurt until the next day. Turns out I should have gone right to the hospital, I'm still going to doctors.

Have it checked out now while the injury is (sorta) fresh!

-BC
Old 12-15-2008, 04:57 AM   #8
Registered Member

Sorry to hear about the crash- especially after all of that recent engine work. It looks like both vehicles held up pretty well for a 45 mph impact.

I have some intermittent neck problems as well after someone pulled out in front of me 2 years ago- it was a moderate speed crash too.

To my knowledge, there's not much they can do if there is only minor disk/tendon/ligament damage. The chiropractor can keep it loosened up and you can can buy a $40 battery operated muscle stimulator to relax the muscles when they start to tighten up again (the same type they use before they pop you).
GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:22 AM   #9
Registered Member

Yeah, I'm just hoping that they take into account the recent engine work when totaling the car.

I went to the hospital immediately after the incident because it was already bad, but from what I'm understanding about it is soft tissue(muscle) damage hurts right away and disk, bone damage takes time. This happened on the 10th and my neck already feels back to normal. It hurt for a couple of days but nowhere near as bad as when I actually pulled the muscles in high school.

As for the car... I think I may hold out til spring. Having a $750 beater car to slide around on ice during the winter time is just toooo tempting. And if I mess up doing it i'd rather not have much money in the car lol.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:33 AM   #10
Site Team / Moderator

They usually do - IF you have the receipts. It happened to me about 15 years ago in my Buick. I was rear-ended and the insurance co tried to total the car and give me $1,000 because it was 12 years old and had over 100,000 miles. I explained that the car had a brand new engine in it, from Buick with a 3 year, 30,000 mile warranty good at any GM dealer that I had just paid $3,000 for. I then showed them my maintenance log and reciepts for the engine, polish, car wash soap, the custom made floor mats I had just got in 2 days before I was hit that I think I paid $300 for... anyway... After looking over all of my receipts they gave me $3000 to repair the car.

-Jay

EDIT: I just saw the warranty paperwork in the Buick, my bad. It was a 3 year, 50,000 mile warranty...

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote