Stupid law suits... - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2010, 06:05 PM   #21

This summary may shed a little more light on the details of this case. Narrowing the track for an unused play area? A blind pit-out in the middle of the straightaway? Meaningless tech inspections? Lots of apparent negligence. The summary discusses the CA Supreme Court's handling of waivers pretty well.

I fail to see how this is a frivolous lawsuit, costing taxpayers more money, as claimed by BTG. When two lives are lost, there's nothing frivolous about it. When we've got millions of divorce cases and lawsuits about fences and property lines, noisy dogs, etc. tying up court time every year, the pro-rated cost of a courtroom and staff for one trial is absolutely minimal - probably less than a penny out of anyone's annual taxes. If BTG wants to complain about wasting money, he should be complaining about Liz Taylor's 8th, 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, and 2nd divorces, not to mention her upcoming 9th divorce.

FrugalFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:50 AM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentraSE-R View Post
When two lives are lost, there's nothing frivolous about it.
there you go again making a no proof or fact generalization, discrediting yourself. hmm, seems ironic that i was accused of that. so a jury always gets the facts straight and cannot be influenced or manipulated? wow, what an epiphany! one of my concerns in life is to be falsely accused of a crime. thank you for that info, now i can sleep better at night.

it IS tragic when lives are lost, but many times it is self inflicted. be it instantaneous event or many years of self neglect, govt cannot protect us from ourselves while maintaining our freedoms.

the court system, the ill economy, welfare, etc illustrate the proof that we must be allowed to fail in order to grow. like laws, they do serve a purpose, but many are taking advantage of these broken "benefits."

if you'll read back thru the entire thread, a couple of the guys that support my view are admitted democrats or liberals. they understand the consequences ill-fated court decisions.

i find myself agreeing that compensation should be paid in some cases, but the seemingly infinite payouts are ridiculous. the issue really is that a life cannot be priced.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:56 AM   #23
Registered Member

i think we'll have to agree to disagree, except that there are undeniable issues in our court system. if you disagree, well, you're really lost. it is clear now, your reason and view on govt, however--former employer. i was one as well(govt employee), and my view is more realistic than yours.

i wonder how you would explain, w/ facts, stonehenge, easter island, big foot, crop circles, and the earth being the only planet sustaining life. or chances are there are aliens? where are they?
Old 04-22-2010, 06:12 AM   #24
Banned

aliens do exist silly
spotaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:07 AM   #25

What's wrong with the court's decision? What's frivolous about the case? Imperfect or not, we have one way to settle cases like this, our trial by jury system. The jury is the trier of facts. The jury found California Motor Speedway, Porsche, et al, grossly negligent. Like it or not, those are the facts.

What's your issue, besides fear of alien and government invasions?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:07 PM   #26
Registered Member

my issue is simple: nearly every govt agency or group is inefficient, many filled w/ corruption, and we are watching this great nation that the founding fathers created slowly(tho under the current exec admin it is accelerating) slip away into the pages of history...
Old 04-23-2010, 09:48 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
my issue is simple: nearly every govt agency or group is inefficient, many filled w/ corruption, and we are watching this great nation that the founding fathers created slowly(tho under the current exec admin it is accelerating) slip away into the pages of history...
I can't believe you wasted everyone's time using the premise of a frivolous lawsuit to launch a completely unrelated political tirade in violation of the rules of this website. Get a life!
Old 04-24-2010, 04:01 PM   #28
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentraSE-R View Post
Get a life!
well, i'll digress yet again...

this is EXACTLY what i'm trying to convey in regard to your attitude. i have not yet lived 40 years, but if i died tonite i'd consider my life complete, joyful, successful, etc, w/ few regrets.

i could "waste" your time giving a list of acomplishments, but many, it seems, you would not understand. a short list to spare you would include:
thanking God for my blessings
smiling at a deformed woman
helping up someone else's child
listening to a stranger cry to me
risking a friendship to tell the truth
praying for those that have wronged me
crying for a dying man i never knew

these are indeed above my awards and such in my work life BTW.

since you have judged me, based on my posts, i will not judge, but attempt to help you this way...my advise to you: forget about stats and facts in everything(they can't explain it all), stop and smell the roses(even if i'm wrong, and they're not roses), be joyful(not happy-your posts show your lack of it).

so, for me to "get a life"...well, i'd have to start another one, 'cause i've been there and done that brother! since you're such a good researcher, look up the member "Skewbe." step back and take a look at yourself from a fresh perspective. unless of course you and he are 1. at any rate, i wish you the best regardless of your demeanor.

edit: and yes i am angry at govt on all levels--but it hasn't stolen my joy.