Test For "Know It Alls" - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentraSE-R View Post
The subject test is for fun, not to test either intelligence or experience.
wrong again. fun yes, but it's an attempt to find trivial facts that most people would not have the life experience to have known in it's entirety.

in other words, even experienced(be it done it or researched it) individuals likely would not get them all.

your test, in typical fassion, would be isolated to a precise or intellectual knowledge of certain areas, people, animal etc. it would have zero to do w/ experience of knowing and understanding well known or well used items.

it's to show we don't know everything about common items, grammer, sites, etc...so how could we possibly know/understand even a little of the vastness of our world and universe!

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Question: At what elevation do deer turn into Elk?
Deer never turn into Elk.

If a car turns into a driveway, is it still a car?

Old 06-23-2010, 04:22 PM   #13

BTG and HC,

You guys missed the spoof entirely. Well, HC got part of it.
FrugalFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:58 PM   #14
jmf
Registered Member

Quote:
My fruit with seeds on the outside was the blackberry - just as accurate an answer as strawberries.
I don't think blackberries have their seeds on the outsides. It is a aggregate fruit. It is made of a lot of small fruits with internal seeds.

jmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmf View Post
I don't think blackberries have their seeds on the outsides. It is a aggregate fruit. It is made of a lot of small fruits with internal seeds.
i suspected he was wrong there as well. just figured mr facts had his facts on target. not a surprise tho, no matter the source, we all err.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:51 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentraSE-R
My fruit with seeds on the outside was the blackberry - just as accurate an answer as strawberries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmf View Post
I know that. Strawberries don't have their seeds on the outside either. The things that people think are strawberry seeds are fruits called achenes, and the main strawberry "fruit" is actually an enlarged receptacle. That's why I qualified my answer that blackberries are just as accurate an answer as strawberries.

It's too bad BTG has such a narrow focus on nit-picking me. He never sees the big picture, and embarrasses himself constantly.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:40 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
It's too bad BTG has such a narrow focus on nit-picking me. He never sees the big picture, and embarrasses himself constantly.
this from a person that claims drinking more water(replacing other negative affect beverages) has zero benefit. now who is/started nit picking, is ignorant (of experience), and embarrassing himself? hmmm

and NEVER sees the big picture? i'm starting to TRULY understand your world and it's misguided facts and so-called scientific studies. whatever your view of a situation, spun or not, is final. disregard experience, just obey my test tube/ bubble boy perspective right?

i think i speak for the moderators when i suggest that you and i cease to answer each's posts...indefinitely. in the mean time, you could rebuild(if you ever had it) your credibility by acknowledging the view not shared by...well, YOU!

and there is no doubt that Jim T is absolutely correct--i see it in no way possible that you convey this lack of respect to others in person.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:11 AM   #18

Link to the drinking water thread.

Water "benefits" link.

Respect is earned. People with no credibility get no respect - for obvious reasons.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #19
Registered Member

thanks for proving me correct, AGAIN. you're basing your entire view on 1 source. here's one that backs your "no scientific data" ploy, BUT recommends MORE THAN the 8/8oz by dietitians not test tube so-called science...http://www.worldhealth.net/news/pres...r_potentially/

it goes on to explain this amount of "fluids" as a minimal NEED, but obviously the benefits of replacing water w/ soda, coffee, etc is for optimal health.

and this one shows the affect of lack of those recommendations...http://www.naturodoc.com/library/nutrition/water.htm WOW! sounds like most of the health issues in the US are covered.

speaking of misguided stats/studies, check out your wonderful FDA. YES BABY, keep the drugs coming, and we'll pass them to fill our pockets even at the expense of killing people...http://www.worldhealth.net/news/pres...r_potentially/

to be sure, some try to spin those stats by illustrating human error in overdose or abuse of said meds. from that article...

A recent study in JAMA examined the incidence of serious and fatal adverse drug reactions (ADR) in hospital patients. An ADR is any harmful, unintended, or undesired effect of a drug. This definition does not include drug abuse nor intentional or accidental drug overdose. The results of this study were conclusive: the rate of severe and deadly adverse drug reactions in U.S. hospitals was found to be extremely high-high enough that ADRs ranked fourth, after heart disease, cancer, and stroke, as a leading cause of death in the U.S.

once again, i urge you think out of the broken medical box, and the manipulated studies. GAME, SET...and MATCH!

edit: you dont...<snickers> by chance...<snickers again> believe everything Myth Busters does to be the final scientific word do you? just kidding, i like those guys--at least they get out of the lab and do "experience" testing.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:29 PM   #20
Registered Member

since you continue to carry dialogue w/ me, by YOUR definition, my thoughts and views MUST be legit even to you--tho you won't admit or yield in any way, shape, or form.

no worries, i've been showing intellects all my life that experience often trumps thought and study. rest assured, i don't have the dogmatic view that i'm always right. i have on occasion, been made to stand down w/ my ideas.