The power of manifestation....... - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-02-2007, 07:05 PM   #1

The power of manifestation.......

OK, so I have been looking FOREVER (actually 2 months) it seems for a 2 1/8 vacuum gauge that is cheap AND not a "boost" gauge. I have found a few but after shipping they seem to be a small mint.

My veggie oil kit will be in Monday and I'll start my conversion soon. I was starting to get frantic as I really wanted that gauge to go into my custom dash insert I will be making with all the toggles etc I need. This afternoon I go to the auction and in a box is a 2 1/8 vacuum gauge!!! On top of that, in the SAME box is a few of the tools I will need for the install. A tubing cutter, hose mounts etc. We were having dinner tonight at an asian place and I decided to ask the owner what he did with he did with his WVO. He said he paid someone to take it away then asked why. I told him about my project and he practically begged me to come and get as much as I want. Once again, I was starting to need a few other places to get WVO from and getting frantic about that too as my one place I get it from I don't think will provide me with enough.

My wife highly believes when you want something enough and keep an open positive mind, you'll get what you want. What do you think? Tree hugger hoopla or is it real?

For me, I have to agree, I've never really worried too much about money. It all seems to come out in the wash when I stay positive.

BumblingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Is that any relation to 'abraham?'

Old 06-02-2007, 07:22 PM   #3

Not really as I'm not too religious......I think he brings a bit of religion into the play. Same philosophy for the most part.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:06 PM   #4
Supporting Member

how much do you need to spend to get a good wvo set up? im thinkin about gettin a v dub to start my bio car out
Old 06-02-2007, 09:23 PM   #5
Registered Member

I know people with good DIY skills who built their own kits for almost nothing, but they aren't pretty (the gas tank for one is a 55 gallon drum in the back of an old pickup). For a good kit, you'll usually have to spend $1000-$1500.
repete86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:27 PM   #6
Supporting Member

damn!! i think i might go with makeing bio at home and putting it strait into the tank without haveing to do the wvo striat in
Old 06-02-2007, 09:29 PM   #7
*shrug*

Check out http://greasecar.com/

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:32 PM   #8
Supporting Member

cool thanks for the tip
Old 06-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #9

As repete86 said, a "good system" is $1k to $1500. I spent a bit more than that as it has been touted as an excellent system, a few hundred dollars - maybe around $1900 shipped. Not to include the hassle of waiting months and months for the system. Real nice guy, but I don't kmow if it was the extra few gray hairs I have now - we'll see once its installed.

NEXT time I WILL go with a Greasecar system, especially now since they have their new controller. Still the Frybrid system has a few things extra the others don't though I've heard they work just as well. I may clean up that Maxima and put it up on eBay and then look for a Caddy (VW). Need to keep track of how many cars I've had this year, don't want to hit the limit where they claim me as a car dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey4mnhs View Post
how much do you need to spend to get a good wvo set up? im thinkin about gettin a v dub to start my bio car out
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete86 View Post
I know people with good DIY skills who built their own kits for almost nothing, but they aren't pretty (the gas tank for one is a 55 gallon drum in the back of an old pickup). For a good kit, you'll usually have to spend $1000-$1500.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:57 AM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazabi Owner View Post
My wife highly believes when you want something enough and keep an open positive mind, you'll get what you want. What do you think? Tree hugger hoopla or is it real?

For me, I have to agree, I've never really worried too much about money. It all seems to come out in the wash when I stay positive.
My experience is that if you're not looking for something you won't see it if it's right in front of your eyes. If you kind of tell your brain that you want something, you'll be more likely to notice it. So "expecting to find something" definitely helps you notice it when you see it, but then you still have to take action and go get it.

In a couple of books this is called "the law of attraction", and it's also mentionned in the movie "the secret". Some people claim that if you think about what you want you attract it or even create it by some weird quantum physics/energy. I think that part is BS. I think it's just how our brain works, you decide to look for something, and your brain becomes "tuned" to it.

As an experiment, how many yellow cars did you notice last week? Maybe 2 or 3, tops. This week, decide to count the number of yellow cars and you'll be surprised at how many you'll see.

Tom.

tom_eberhard is offline   Reply With Quote