The Race Against Time - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2006, 06:14 PM   #1
*shrug*

The Race Against Time

I leave for college in two months, I will be gone for two weeks, after that, no car for a year, unless I buy one up at school (I'm not sposed to).

Add to that I just broke a bolt off in my new head, which I can swap anytime because my mom's not whining about it anymore (provided the new battery doesn't screw me, though I'll be making some money so I think I'm fine), so now I need a new engine or to somehow fix this or to somehow get it in my head that I can say screw it and not be killing myself, or something.

Anyway, the race is on, see how much money/time I can spend on the car before I never see it again, we'll see how it goes,

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:08 PM   #2
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
I leave for college in two months, I will be gone for two weeks, after that, no car for a year, unless I buy one up at school (I'm not sposed to).

Add to that I just broke a bolt off in my new head, which I can swap anytime because my mom's not whining about it anymore (provided the new battery doesn't screw me, though I'll be making some money so I think I'm fine), so now I need a new engine or to somehow fix this or to somehow get it in my head that I can say screw it and not be killing myself, or something.

Anyway, the race is on, see how much money/time I can spend on the car before I never see it again, we'll see how it goes,
Where is the REx going? Are you going to have to sell it?

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:12 PM   #3
*shrug*

No way in hell, I'll get married in this car...

The second garage bay will have it, and I'll prolly buy a cover just to keep it safe and virginal. I might bring it up with me for my second year depending on whether or not I find a beater metro/ef/eg up there.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
And you have no way of bringing it to college with you? You really could get a lot of interest from the aeronautical engineering department in regards to aero mods, if your campus has such a department.
The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:57 PM   #5
*shrug*

It's not that I can't move it there, it's against the rules for first years. I'm sure dartmouth has an aeronautical engineering department, it's a rather nerdy school,
Old 07-05-2006, 06:29 AM   #6
Registered Member

It's against the rules for first years to have a car??? How old do they think you are? 14?
Old 07-05-2006, 06:31 AM   #7
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95metro
It's against the rules for first years to have a car??? How old do they think you are? 14?
Heh.. I imagine it has to do more with parking space than responsibility. My first year of college was similar. The freshmen were the last to get parking passes, so we got the scraps. Then again we were a commuter school so there were plenty of spots.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:33 AM   #8
*shrug*

Indeed, there are no commuters at my school except for the 3% that lives in town, which is still bus/walking distance, so unless you're leaving there's no need for a car, so yeah, first years don't get a car, but that's okay, *sigh*
Old 07-05-2006, 06:43 AM   #9
Registered Member

I've heard of that too. Luckily where I go to that's not a problem.

Why even get a metro or something like that for second year when you have a 60mpg car waiting for you. Drive it to your darthvader school and continue to go to school there.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:43 AM   #10
*shrug*

Because metros are the coolness, duh.