The Swine Flu - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2009, 03:21 AM   #1
Registered Member

The Swine Flu

just FYI for anyone that is interested in a POV outside that of govt or the UN. this guy covers quite a bit including...

how likely is a pandemic, what to do just in case, the failure of vaccines, and even a possible conspiracy. just remember, the yearly "regular" flu kills 36 thousand people annually in the US alone, so before we jump the gun...

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...Swine-Flu.aspx

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:02 AM   #2
Site Team

Interesting, but too bad that's essentially a long article to promote his Krill Oil product...

-BC

Old 04-30-2009, 04:26 AM   #3
Site Team / Moderator

The problem is that a flu vaccine takes several months to develop and distribute. When you go in to your doctor and get a flu shot in the fall, its available because the drug companies took an educated guess as to which strains of the virus would be most prevalent 6 months earlier. For a vaccine to be developed, tested, manufactured and distributed... well if everything was streamlined and rushed maybe there would be something by middle to late summer. It won't help us now, unless this strain is very similar to a strain that already has a vaccine.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:20 AM   #4
Registered Member

Bob,

the author(and his associates) researches "natural" products and recommends and/or carries what they consider to be the best ones. given the alternative of prescription drugs, i'd gladly pay him instead. besides, he gives a lot of free info and i'll support someone that promotes health the natural way.

in regard to krill oil...my chiropractor does blood analysis to determine vitamin and mineral deficiencies. there is one item of focus that every patient(100%) is lacking. it is the good fat of omega 3s. afterall it is vital to the brain, heart, and nervous system.

Jay,

good point! i understand the flu mutates quicker than we can keep up w/ it. that explains why so many get the flu even after getting the vaccine, myself included. after discovering the uselessness of it as well as its long term affects, i've not gotten one since.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:33 AM   #5
Site Team / Moderator

Escecially since we have some fantastic anti-viral medications now. I love Tamiflu the best. Last time I had the flu it was like a mild cold with that drug.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:33 AM   #6
Registered Member

i'd pay for some 'natural' remedy if it had data backing it up to its effectiveness and any potential side effects. theres way too many scams out there.

the thing i find interesting is that there have been numerous flu pandemics in history - check up on the spanish flu, thats one scary bug. it seems to be a natural part of our world unfortunately.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:42 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_gravity View Post
i'd pay for some 'natural' remedy if it had data backing it up to its effectiveness and any potential side effects. theres way too many scams out there.

the thing i find interesting is that there have been numerous flu pandemics in history - check up on the spanish flu, thats one scary bug. it seems to be a natural part of our world unfortunately.
the only natural remedies that i subscribe to are what the author promotes...

excercise, nutrition, stress relief, etc