The troll thread - Page 21 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-13-2007, 07:18 PM   #201
Registered Member

And what of occam's razor? The simplest explanation is likely the correct explanation?

We know there were chemicals and ligntning and crap with a billion years to make something of it. We can create molecules that can replicate themselves and make the building blocks of life in a lab, in an incredibly short amount of time by comparison.

If you think God is the simple answer, then who made God? And saying "God always existed" doesn't count. You cannot just pass the cosmic creation buck on to God so you can sleep at night. If our very existance implies a creator (designer/whatever), then if our creator "exists" then he had a creator, and so on.

I think I just had an epiphany (I'm a little slow sometimes). God is the EASY answer, and a lot of people want easy answers. Lord knows I do sometimes.

We aren't screwing up the planets life support system sure would be a nice easy answer.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:58 PM   #202
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to trebuchet03
Zeus and Titan!

Bike Miles (Begin Aug. 20 - '07): ~433.2 miles

11/12
trebuchet03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:32 AM   #203
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkindiesel View Post
Know that there are Christians praying for you all over the country- maybe the world- right now.
Do you feel grateful, indifferent or angry?
ANGRY! What, are you trying to kill me?

"mammoth prayer study, which cost $2.4 million and enrolled 1,802 patients who had bypass surgery. ...There was virtually no difference in complication rates between patients in the first two groups. But the third group, in which patients knew they were receiving prayers, had a complication rate of 59 percent, significantly more than the 52 percent in the no-prayer group."
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...53_pray31.html
Old 09-14-2007, 06:12 AM   #204
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skewbe View Post
Hahaha, that is funny, because most of my reasoning against your position has just been a rehashed version of your reasoning (when you were using something resembling reason that is). So you have come full circle to discredit your own position

BTW, I was thinking how we like to sling our crap at each other, and was recently treated to a visit to the monkey house and witnessed VERY similiar behavior. I was thinking we could pose for a "evolution is bleeding obvious" poster?
Your counter comments to my arguments were one lined responses indicating I was ranting. There was no reasoning there. This discredits nothing I posted.

So far as the monkey house goes, let me know and I'll visit Taco Bell on the way over. There will be lots to fling!
Telco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:43 AM   #205
Registered Member

Ahh, an action shot. Ok, I get White Castle.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #206
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebuchet03 View Post
I saw this on Jeopardy once...

Answer: "Exhibiting an attitude of superior virtue."
Question: "What is, Holier than thou?"

But honestly, I don't care if someone else prays for me (whatever floats their 5000 yr old boat). It's the people that flaunt the idea that irk me. But maybe that's where my beef is with organized religion. It's not the religion, it's the people :/

An extra bottle of Manishevitz and a plate of sufganiyot for the praying crew! You've got a lot of work to keep those seats warm for the rest of us
Treb/SVOboy--my non-denominational faith in Christ says that i am NOT better(holier) than anyone, just forgiven. in fact, i am lesser in the that i should live accordingly and many times fail. Ghandi said, "I like your Christ, but not your Christians." some certain denominations MAY think otherwise.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:03 PM   #207
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to FormulaTwo
I am a little sad that I missed out on this thread.

I would also like to thank skewbe for the picture of Jesus and the Dinosaurs.

FormulaTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:12 AM   #208
Registered Member

It's never too late

Not Ron paul though, damn, he is one of those who will throw out the evidence of evolution in favor of mythology (which has zero supporting evidence) that he may then twist to his advantage.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:31 AM   #209
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkindiesel View Post
It's like your invisible pink unicorns- how can I prove something that's never been shown to happen? (yuk- did I really spell "occer" like that? who's been editing my stuff?)
If something approaching "life" was generated in a lab, wouldn't the evolutionists use it as a big, gold-plated hood ornament? It would be a trophy, something for the narcissists to use as proof that they don't need God. Seriously, how great would it feel to shove something like that down my throat? Go on, you can say it just this once...
The flip side is when you finally get the first-hand proof of whether God is or isn't, it'll be "for keeps". I know who He is, and I'm praying for you. With my whole heart, I hope you will seek the truth.
I've got to go for a while. Stuff needs to be attended to.
True they probably would, BUT how is that any different than someone pointing to thier bible? Can you prove 100% without a doubt that the bible is true? Just because it says it is doesnt make it so...You ask almost any religious person how anyhting came about or why somehitng happened and thier reply is almost always "God did it."

How can you prove that the world flooded? (Highest peak is I belive somewhere in the himilayas in china and its 36,000feet high. if it truley did rain for 40 days and nights it would have rained about 39 feet of water an hour!!!!)

That and the time line doesnt make sense, if dinosaurs DID live along wiht man, why the hell isnt it mentioned in the bible? or on ANY of the cave drawings, scrolls, any other written "stuff" from long ago? If my brother just got eaten by a T-rex I belive I would have written that down, drawn a picture, made a weapon to kill it etc...

I have nothing aginst religion nor do I discriminate aginst people who do worship, but when it starts commin on me or some bible pusher starts tryin to convert me nah they can go hug a cactus.... I am open to the idea that sure, there could be a higher up power that created every bug, rock, tree, and goat in a week but I need proof to belive in somehting. I really dont think about it too much but I tend to belive more in the eviloution thing(if ya cant tell)
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:45 PM   #210
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaTwo View Post
I am a little sad that I missed out on this thread.

I would also like to thank skewbe for the picture of Jesus and the Dinosaurs.
by all means chime in. where do you stand(in reference to your post)? Ron Paul support could mean you are anti-tax or pro-constitution and nothing else.

BTW, careful what proper(screen) names you fail to capitalize. you could be called a bigot or even humiliated.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote