Trump Skeptical about Global Warming due to Humans - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

View Poll Results: How much do you believe what your government tells you?
100% 0 0%
75% 1 11.11%
50% 2 22.22%
25% 6 66.67%
0% liars. They tell us what THEY and big corporations want us to believe. 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2017, 06:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

Trump Skeptical about Global Warming due to Humans

I use to "buy" into the climate change battle cry. Now, I'm unsure.

But with...

American main stream media lying about Clinton being a slam dunk election winner,

the Democratic National Committee caught cheating Bernie Saunders (who I vote for in the DNC primary),

Hillary Clinton smashing Blackberries to hide evidence,

Hillary losing an FBI subpoenaed laptop "in the mail",

Hillary caught lying before Congress 5+ times and nothing happens to her under Obama's administration,

Hillary having a private email server and, again, Obama's administration doesn't prosecute,

and Obama expanding the Bush wars from 2 countries to 7,

...I've become skeptical of what the government and major media feeds me.

Now, I'm unsure about global warming. Like a stockbroker that moves stock recommendations from "buy", "hold", and "sell". My global warming belief has moved from "buy" to "hold", if not "sell" status.

This 9 minute video with a Princeton physics professor about global warming is thought provoking. Thought you might enjoy keeping an open mind on the subject, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lye5liWuZw

This 9 minute video with the Weather Channel founder is also worth a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQshyqCLYHo

ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:09 AM   #2
Registered Member

The consensus on Global Warming and its causes isn't the product of government or the media, but from decades of scientific research.

trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:17 AM   #3
Registered Member

Trump doesn't seem to care much about research or statistics, like terror related statics for example, 94% of terror attacks are by non-Muslim minorities, even Jewish extremism kills more people. Remind me which religious group he just discriminated against again???

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 10:21 AM   #4
Registered Member

3 scientists with 100 years of combined in field experience comment on global warming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C35pasCr6KI
Old 02-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #5
Registered Member

My understanding is that about 97% of the world's scientific community believes that mass global climate change is real, and that humans play a very significant role in it.

Personally, I think that's likely correct, though I don't know if the popular belief is right. Still, regardless if they're right or not, I believe in earnest that the fundamental concepts of clean air, clean water, and clean land are sound ones! I also view the "need to balance that with economic practicalities" is double-talk (or Orwellian "New Speak") for "Profit over Environment and Health". Everyone has their own priorities. Big Business is saying "screw the environment and the people; we wanna make more money with nothing to slow us down" while environmentalist are saying "make your wealth in a way that does not injure the rest of us." That's different from being "anti-business", as Big Business likes to portray these so-called Eco-Terrorists and Enviro-Nazis (both terms used by the extremely wealthy to vilify the others).

Also, in light of The Leader's recent gag orders, in which scientists working for various government funded institutions are forbidden to talk about the C-word (Climate Change), we need to remember that this is not an act of brushing off the lone lunatic screaming "The Sky Is Falling." This is an act to censor the voice of the majority, of the most knowledgeable and most learned, the best authorities on the topic, because their beliefs are inconsistent with Government Doctrine.

The Government will be the official distributor of information. They'll protect you from the lies. They'll make sure you get The Truth.

(PS: I don't believe that everything said by government officials is a lie. I do believe that what they say is primarily self-serving, be it truth or lie.)

2015 Audi Q5 "Progressiv" + S-Line + Scuba Blue, 3.0L V6 TDI
(Highest fuel economy for all Audi Q5s on Fuelly!)

SteveMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:41 AM   #6
Registered Member

need a like button
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:05 AM   #7
Registered Member

Yep i'd agree with most of that too.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:08 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMak View Post
My understanding is that about 97% of the world's scientific community believes that mass global climate change is real, and that humans play a very significant role in it.
In that earlier video I posted here, a Princeton professor says (paraphrasing) that, yes, nearly all scientists agree that the climate IS changing due to a rise in CO2.

What scientists DISAGREE on, and what most lay people are NOT told, is whether or not people are responsible for the CO2 rise. At the time of his interview, he went on to say, that the CO2 level is currently is 300ppm. And, historically speaking, BEFORE the burning of ANY fossil fuel by mankind, the earth's CO2 level has been documented to have been as high as 3,000ppm.

In short, they media conflates scientific agreement on climate change, which is nearly unanimous, witg whether humans are responsible for the rise in CO2 or not, which there IS disagreement within the scientific community.

One Ivy League scientist has quit the academic life due to ALL the fraud she has observed. She says ALL the research $$$ goes to those that "tow the party line" that mankind is responsible for climate change. In other words, there's NO research money available for investigating otherwise.

This is the SAME control Big Food has over university food research. ZERO research $$$ is available if you don't agree to prove that obesity is due to lack of activity rather than sugar.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:19 AM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewChewTrain View Post
...What scientists DISAGREE on, and what most lay people are NOT told, is whether or not people are responsible for the CO2 rise...
My understanding is that this is merely FUD promoted by climate change deniers. That's why The Leader in the US has a gag order on scientists in government-funded institutions banning them from talking about climate change, rather than giving the 97% of the scientific community the opportunity to "clear the air" (pun intended) and state for the public record, on camera, with lots of publicity and air time "about one half of us (or whatever percentage you believe it is) firmly believe that climate change is not caused or promoted by human factors." Nothing even remotely close to this had ever, or is now happening.

We do not have a massive upswell from the scientific community about the alleged "disagreement" as to whether humans are responsible, in whole or in part, for the massive climate change we are experiencing.

It appears, at least according to the vast majority of the scientific community that can get their word out, that they believe humans DO play a prominent role in the climate mess we are in.

If this perspective is in fact true, then The Leader's gag order makes perfect sense, as this information is contrary to the current US Government administration's doctrine on climate change.

The official US Government Doctrine on climate change, as per the current administration, is that Climate Change not happening, therefore humans aren't responsible. They assert that Climate Change is a hoax perpetrated by anti-business Eco-Terrorists and Enviro-Nazis. No discussion required. The gag order supports this position (where no discussion is legally permitted).

2015 Audi Q5 "Progressiv" + S-Line + Scuba Blue, 3.0L V6 TDI
(Highest fuel economy for all Audi Q5s on Fuelly!)

SteveMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:17 PM   #10
LDB
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
Trump doesn't seem to care much about research or statistics, like terror related statics for example, 94% of terror attacks are by non-Muslim minorities, even Jewish extremism kills more people. Remind me which religious group he just discriminated against again???
Where does that 94% number come from? And he didn't discriminate against any religious group. He instituted a travel ban on certain nations just like Obama did. And Clinton. And Carter. All democrats. And others as well.

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote