Walked around a couple dealers... - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-08-2006, 12:07 PM   #21
Registered Member

Oh I see it. It will save

Oh I see it. It will save some time and the pics too.

So what do you think about these dealers??? Rp off!

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:28 PM   #22
Registered Member

Supply and Demand

Low Supply, High Demand -- they'll get what they're asking, or close to it. It sucks, though. Especially when a specialty, limited production vehicle comes out and the dealer marks up the price over sticker -- rediculous.

RH77

Old 02-11-2006, 03:09 AM   #23
Registered Member

Re: Supply and Demand

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
Low Supply, High Demand -- they'll get what they're asking, or close to it. It sucks, though. Especially when a specialty, limited production vehicle comes out and the dealer marks up the price over sticker -- rediculous.

RH77
Was at the Honda dealer yesterday, they wanted 27K for a new Civic SI. On the window it said $20,9XX. So I asked the guy how much was the mark up since I know everybody was overcharging for them. He told me 27K and I didn't find it abnormal, but my cousin blew the gasket right there on the parking lot. It was so funny.

I wasn't shopping around, my cousin left his registration at that dealer and we went back and a dude told us there was an SI in the back.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:05 AM   #24
Registered Member

Re: Supply and Demand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
Was at the Honda dealer yesterday, they wanted 27K for a new Civic SI. On the window it said $20,9XX. So I asked the guy how much was the mark up since I know everybody was overcharging for them. He told me 27K and I didn't find it abnormal, but my cousin blew the gasket right there on the parking lot. It was so funny.

I wasn't shopping around, my cousin left his registration at that dealer and we went back and a dude told us there was an SI in the back.
Classic example of rare cars being marked up. When I bought my '03 Evo, there were dealers on the West coast marking them up $10,000 when they first came out. I lucked out -- the dealer I got mine from gave me a call and said that they just got one in stock, but it's first-come first-served, and there's no markup. I tore out of work and flew over there -- made it just in time, bunch of people came in after I was signing the paperwork. It was cool to have the first Evo in KC (and the only one for about a week).

Stories aside, on the Evo web board that I was a member, they compiled a list of dealers that were marking them up and simply boycotted them -- even for other models. If they screw you on the sales floor, it doesn't stop there. My advice -- in about a year, there will be a few Si's sitting cold at dealers. Go back and get the sales manager, and say, "Remember when you marked this up $7000? Well I do, and I was going to buy this from you today, but your dealer really screwed up. I'm going to dealer X to buy thiers today. Thanks!" If you can't wait to stick it to them, tell them that they screwed up, you'll never buy from them that you'll tell others not to if their business practices continue. Right now those same dealers that marked-up the Evo's -- a few sit cold on the lot.

RH77
Some Car Dealers Will Do Anything for a Buck