Were you aware there are now 10 pure EV cars available? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2016, 12:46 PM   #11
Registered Member

I think Tesla would be Exhibit "A".

trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:59 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollbait View Post
I think Tesla would be Exhibit "A".
Yeah. You're right, Trollbait. I stand corrected.

Hey, Paul and Ben, I don't follow soccer (football to you) but isn't your team in the World Cup or whatever?

ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:15 PM   #13
Registered Member

Ha ha! I stopped caring about our overpaid and ****e football team at least 10 years ago. I don't watch any sport, though i enjoy playing badminton, darts and crazy golf.
Whats that stuff you guys play - rugby in motorbike helmets squeezed in between comercials, and unfathomable rounders wearing scrapheap challenge helmets?
You guys sure like your helmets!
Old 07-07-2016, 11:12 PM   #14
Registered Member

Wales were doing well in the football, I don't follow sport either, but yea it's been good for tourism, some people in the US might actually know what/where Wales is now!

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:55 PM   #15
Registered Member

I don't watch spectator sports either. (female mud wrestling is an exception) The big winner on Superbowl Sunday is Budweiser.

UK is an interesting place. I remember years ago. I went on a Scotch Ship (yes, Scottish isn't right) . I found a pub onboard. People in there. I said: "Howdy...can ya'll tell me where the Radio Officer is?" These people laughed. Then one started talking to me. I laughed. Kept having to say: Talk slower. ... I can see the English language splitting into different languages. It's interesting to see it happen. I'm guessing that's how some languages came to be. Like the differences between Italian, Spanish, Portuguese. My mother spoke fluent Italian. She could always tell what the Mexican's were talking about. Not all... but always knew the general info.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:57 PM   #16
Registered Member

I'm ALSO not into popular spectator sports. Gee. I wonder if that's a popular demographic thread among hypermilers.

Could never understand how people could get SO excited about a sports team that they had zero connection with other than it being based near them. Clorox has their headquarters in my city, but I don't look at their quarterly financials and get excited when they beat Wall Street projections.

Fans don't pick the players. Don't train the players. Don't pay the players. They have NO connection, so why get so excited about a billionaire's vanity business?

ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote