what's with dogs and eating nasty things. - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2007, 06:45 PM   #11
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by skewbe View Post
LOL, "lets start a thread about dog crap and complain about the quality of responses" LOL!!
Now THAT's funny!

Old 11-15-2007, 07:07 PM   #12
Registered Member

Puppies are more prone to eat adult dog feces since they are growing fast and their diet is often deficient in the vitamins and other nutrients they need. The bacteria in the gut produce many of these nutrients, so when the feces comes out, it is enriched in them.

Dogs like to eat cat feces since the cat's short gut isn't very effective at extracting nutrients and leaves lots of nutrients behind in the feces. Since cats also eat a meat diet, to dogs, cat feces is simply a pre-digested meal.

Those cute little fuzzy bunny rabbits also eat their feces. They produce 2 types of fecal pellets. The soft type is consumed for a 2nd pass through the gut, the hard type is left behind and is the "rabbit raisins" you see out in the field.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:53 PM   #13
Registered Member

Two things:

1 - Dachshunds are the baracudas of the dog world. They will take a rotting skunk carcass out of a German Sheppard's mouth if it suits them. In short, they will eat anything they want - quickly!

2 - Switching the dogs to the same food your neighbor's dog eats will likely take care of eating that particular dog's poop.

Oh, and I guess one more thing: A dog's mouth is the second most nasty place on earth and is only bested by that of the Komodo dragon.

Ok, so I'm making that last part up, but they lick their own butts. What more do you need to know to keep them from licking your face?

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:24 PM   #14
Supporting Member

csrmel -

How about those Dodgers! ... Dodger Dogs are great! ... But, they're shaped like ..... Dammit dammit dammit!!!!!

Maybe this is what dogs see :

Attachment 1082

CarloSW2
Attached Images

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:22 PM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snax View Post
Two things:

1 - Dachshunds are the baracudas of the dog world. They will take a rotting skunk carcass out of a German Sheppard's mouth if it suits them. In short, they will eat anything they want - quickly!

2 - Switching the dogs to the same food your neighbor's dog eats will likely take care of eating that particular dog's poop.

Oh, and I guess one more thing: A dog's mouth is the second most nasty place on earth and is only bested by that of the Komodo dragon.

Ok, so I'm making that last part up, but they lick their own butts. What more do you need to know to keep them from licking your face?

LOL yea, i mean if i wiped my butt with my hand would you wanna handshake from me?

but anyways, Stormin matt:
(following is not picking on you or directed to you, you just happen to be the one to bring it up)

i was readin the part you said about people not likeing cats eating birds. well yea i can see the point about certian animals not eating other ceetian animals but how is that any different from us eating a chicken. at least i can see a bird being food, fish, and anyhtign else that we consider an animal. Cows eat plants, fish eat bugs and plants, chickens eat feed and seeds and other chickens (they just dont know it). every other animal has a logical food group that fits with it. but poo? didnt realize that poo was a food group

dogs ahve 2 food groups: group one: (poo) group twoeverything else on this planet as we know it) (ya know this includes food items and not so much food items liek paper, plastic , rubber, cloth, wood, etc...)
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:34 AM   #16
Registered Member

I really miss my dog and now it's always me having to clean the hurl from SWMBO's feline.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:37 PM   #17
Supporting Member

2TonJellyBean -

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TonJellyBean View Post
I really miss my dog and now it's always me having to clean the hurl from SWMBO's feline.
We have two cats, and one will try to eat the hurl of the other (energy efficient eating?!?!?!), but we don't let him get away with it if we're here. Grosss!!!!

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:14 PM   #18

Yeah, they always say how clean cats are but if a dog blows chunks, he just cleans it right up.

My dog was chowin' on Horse turds again today. I mean he couldn't resist: they were still steamin'.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:32 PM   #19
Registered Member

I just saw Bear Grylls squeezing an elephant turd into his mouth for water, even I almost lost it as big chunks were falling off and bouncing off his face *hork*

You've been warned:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6vlEavUH9ng
Old 11-17-2007, 07:57 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by skewbe View Post
I just saw Bear Grylls squeezing an elephant turd into his mouth for water, even I almost lost it as big chunks were falling off and bouncing off his face *hork*

You've been warned:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6vlEavUH9ng
Yeah baby, yeah! Tastes a bit nutty.